Search

Phone Compatability

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2012, 2:34 pm
a7m
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska Gold. SU Silver.
Phone Compatability

So I have brought to Russia from the US a supposedly unlocked phone (Motorola Blur something). Bought a SIM card from MTC. Now, the phone part works but the internet doesn't. I've also tried a Beeline simcard from one of the acquaintances (who says that his sim-card allows him to use internet on his phone). The same thing, no internet on my phone. The question is... do you think there is an issue with the phone, or the card? I understand that the question is difficult to answer, but has anyone had problems of the same nature?
Old Jan 15, 2012, 4:11 pm

Programs: BAEC (Silver)
If you have a relatively old phone, you may need to set it up manually, like this (this link is for Beeline, for MTS you can find an equivalent page on mts.ru).

Newer phones usually can configure themselves automatically.
Old Jan 19, 2012, 5:10 am

Programs: A3*G, UA Gold EY Silver
It's an android phone, right? You need to set up internet settings. I would suggest installing something like APN Global to help you configure the correct settings.
Old Jan 22, 2012, 3:34 am
a7m
Original Poster

Thanks to both of you. I had no idea about the settings. I took the phone (android) to several places for some help. No one could do anything. Finally someone in a Beeline store tinkered with it (even though I had an MTC sim) and made it work. I'll give that app a try when I fly somewhere next time.
Old Jan 22, 2012, 11:51 am

Programs: A3*G, UA Gold EY Silver
Originally Posted by a7m
Thanks to both of you. I had no idea about the settings. I took the phone (android) to several places for some help. No one could do anything. Finally someone in a Beeline store tinkered with it (even though I had an MTC sim) and made it work. I'll give that app a try when I fly somewhere next time.
You will need it to revert your old settings when you get home.
Old Jan 23, 2012, 9:33 am
a7m
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Palal
You will need it to revert your old settings when you get home.
I am using one phone in US and another in Russia (and outside US in general). So I will keep the settings for my "Russian" phone unchanged for now.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.