Wiki Posts
Search

Rossiya - Russian Airlines

Search this Thread

Old Sep 8, 2008, 4:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: PC Pl, UA 1K, CC Gl
Rossiya - Russian Airlines

Does anyone know if they give miles on any other airline?
Old Sep 9, 2008, 7:04 am

Programs: KLM Flying Dutchman forever, bmi Diamond Club (is there a theme here?), LH, BA, EK, DL nobody
I don't think they do. You can probably get SU miles on FV-operated flights marketed by SU but that's it
Old Sep 9, 2008, 3:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: PC Pl, UA 1K, CC Gl
Originally Posted by apoivre
I don't think they do. You can probably get SU miles on FV-operated flights marketed by SU but that's it
Yes, it seems that some of their flights are operated by Aeroflot. Interesting, if I can get miles on NW on such flights.
Old Sep 9, 2008, 3:54 pm

Programs: BA Gold
At least some St. Petersburg - Helsinki flights are codeshare Finnair flights, which should open some OW options.
Old Nov 10, 2017, 3:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Bumping ancient threads is discouraged here for good reason. But there’s precious little information floating around about Rossiya Airlines (FV). For example, didn’t the FV code belong to Pullkovo Aviation at one point.

On my current visit to Russia, I have noticed that Rossiya operate a number of flights from various Russian airports (Samara, Kazan, Ekaterinburg, Ufa, St. Petersburg) to Pardubice (PED) airport in the Czech Republic. At 100km from Prague, this is like a backdoor airport for that city, and sure enough, Ryanair operate a service from PED to London STN.
Old Nov 13, 2017, 8:50 am

Programs: A3*G, AF/KL Gold, Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold
Pulkovo Aviation Enterprise is predecessor of Rossiya Airlines
Old Nov 13, 2017, 9:33 am

Programs: RJ Gold, AZ E+, Air Asia Platinum
It's slightly more complicated than that. Up until 2006, there were 2 airlines: Pulkovo Aviation Enterprise (based in LED) and the relatively small Rossiya Airline (based in VKO). The latter also served as an airline transporting the government officials. There was a trend about 10 years ago that regional airports should be separated from their base airlines (in order to enhance the competition) and as a result, FV and LED became separate entities. Soon after that Pulkovo and Rossiya merged, forming a combined airline which retained the "Rossiya" trademark and concentrated its operations in LED. A few years later, the government officials division was taken out of Rossiya and the only thing that unites them these days is the livery.

Aeroflot (SU) has been the sole owner of Rossiya (FV) since 2011, along with Aurora (based in VVO, ex Vladavia) and Pobeda (LCC).

Up until very recently, FV was a purely LED airline. The reason it operates all over the place these days is that it took over the operations of two other SU subsidies: Donavia (ex: Aeroflot-Don (hence the presence in ROV) and Orenburg Airlines. Finally, FV also launched a base in VKO as a result of Transaero (UN) termination and the resulting excess demand.

Back to the topic: Rossiya and Aurora (but not Pobeda) are fully owned by Aeroflot and you can, therefore, earn/spend miles using Skyteam FFPs, as well as use all the perks you are entitled as a Skyteam Elite/ Elite Plus
Old Nov 13, 2017, 4:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Seriously, I can earn Scaryteam miles on Rossiya and Aurora? In my case it would be Flying Blue. That opens up a range of new possibilities. I liked Russia so much I want to go back!

By the way, I very much enjoyed my first Aeroflot flights today!
Old Nov 14, 2017, 3:53 am

Programs: A3*G, AF/KL Gold, Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold
Originally Posted by Concerto
Seriously, I can earn Scaryteam miles on Rossiya and Aurora? In my case it would be Flying Blue. That opens up a range of new possibilities. I liked Russia so much I want to go back!
Rossiya only operates charter flights under it's own flight number (i. e. FV), and you can't earn miles for those. All regular operations are under SU flight number and those are SkyTeam flights

Though I would say Rossiya in economy is a bit worse - seat pitch is much more tight
Old Nov 14, 2017, 9:04 am

Programs: RJ Gold, AZ E+, Air Asia Platinum
Originally Posted by Egor
Rossiya only operates charter flights under it's own flight number (i. e. FV), and you can't earn miles for those. All regular operations are under SU flight number and those are SkyTeam flights

Though I would say Rossiya in economy is a bit worse - seat pitch is much more tight
Yeah, thanks for the correction about the charter flights.

PS: Good to see another LED based Flyertalker
Old Nov 14, 2017, 9:40 am

Programs: FB Gold
And that weird cookie thing they seem to always give you is honestly the worst thing I've ever eaten on an airplane.
Old Nov 23, 2017, 10:58 pm

Programs: SU Gold, A3 Gold
Originally Posted by RabbitIYH
And that weird cookie thing they seem to always give you is honestly the worst thing I've ever eaten on an airplane.
Cookies (sandwiches, other snacks) vary a lot depending on departure airport )
Old Nov 27, 2017, 9:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Many SU flt numbers are not eligible for DL accrual - i think Rossiya operated flights fall into that category...
Old Dec 2, 2017, 6:07 am

Programs: DL Skymiles, AF/KL Flying Blue
Originally Posted by RabbitIYH
That 2-in-a-pack thing where they're both different? If that's what you're talking about, I was absolutely amazed at how good the one was and how bad the other was. One is just a lousy cookie/biscuit that is entirely uninspired. The other was easily 75% softer than you would expect, and it was killed with condensed milk. That one is a winner in my book.
Old Oct 1, 2018, 10:20 am

I have received Flying Blue miles and XP for flights between CDG and LED that were marketed by Aeroflot with an SU flight number, but operated by Rossiya. However, when my son took the same flights they refused to give him Flying Blue miles and XP.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.