Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Russia-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

No masks enforced on SU, passengers do not comply with announcements

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1, 2021, 12:07 pm
Original Poster

Flew LCA-SVO, half of the passengers did not wear masks. There were announcements about masks several times throughout the flight but nobody enforced and Russian passenger did not care.
​​​
Service, food and wine were very nice, but keep in mind complete disregard of Covid safety, especially if you flying in Y on a packed flight.

I am not sure who is to blame here more, the airline for not enforcing or Russians who completely ignore the rules.
Old Dec 2, 2021, 1:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

cant control others - just wear your own mask and vaccinate.. other countries take extremes from the other end of spectrum - preventing ppl from travel or enforcing lengthy mandatory quarantines - i dont know what's worse...
planeloads of russians are not dropping dead after travel so that gives us interesting datapoints
the810, volabam, MaxVO and 3 others like this.
Old Feb 26, 2022, 4:59 pm

Programs: Aeroflot Bonus - Gold, Marco Polo - Silver
important thing here is: we now know that Aeroflot don’t enforce mask wearing systematically. For vulnerable passengers that is very important knowledge.

Last edited by l etoile; Mar 3, 2022 at 3:28 am Reason: Removed response to deleted
Old Feb 27, 2022, 2:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by hessbo

important thing here is: we now know that Aeroflot don’t enforce mask wearing systematically. For vulnerable passengers that is very important knowledge.
this would be the least of my concerns if i were to fly aeroflot these days...
nmpls likes this.

Last edited by l etoile; Mar 3, 2022 at 3:29 am Reason: Removed deleted portion of quote
Old Feb 28, 2022, 7:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Yep who fly's with this airline anyway, its a risk.
Old Mar 1, 2022, 7:53 am

Programs: EBG
Originally Posted by djjaguar64
Yep who fly's with this airline anyway, its a risk.
I flew with them a lot, its actually a very good airline. The pilots are exceptional (hell, they fly in the worst conditions in the universe) the little snacks I get and especially the aeroflot apple is nice and I have never had any reason to complain at all.

That they dont enforce masks is music for me, I am tired of the mask rules. I just flew singapore from sydney to CPH on one of the vaccination lines. So before leaving we had to have a PCR test, we had to show we had three levels of vaccination and we had to have no symptoms before the flight. Now, the airbus we fly on has a airchange every x seconds and the people I sit next to are tested and vaccinated but on the other side I get into a normal train or go normal shopping. No mask no worries.

Personally I thank you for the heads up, I am more than happy to fly mask free airways so as soon as the sanctions are lifted aeroflot goes to the absulute top of my list for flying along with TK and sometimes SAS (who gave them up a few months ago but sadly brought them back in).any airline that enforces them remains at the very bottom.
Obruni Boy and volabam like this.
Old Mar 6, 2022, 11:20 am

Programs: DL,EK
Maybe Aeroflot can start service from Reno to Portland. I'd pay extra for a mask-less flight.
volabam likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.