Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Russia-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Why can't the origin be changed on a changeable ticket on SU?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14, 2019, 12:41 am
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroflot Bonus, British Airways Executive Club

Previously, I tried to call SU to change the origin of my air ticket from HKG to CAN, but was told that it isn't possible to change the origin, and I have to cancel, get a refund, and buy it again. However, I have no problem changing the destination of an outgoing flight from HEL to ARN, while keeping the return flight intact (i.e. a simple round-trip became an open jaw)

Why is there such limitation that the origin of the air ticket can't be changed?
Old Mar 15, 2019, 1:41 am

You'd have to check the fare rules to know what changes are allowed or not allowed on your ticket.
Old Apr 3, 2019, 11:50 am

Programs: KL PFL; BA Gold; A3 Silver; EY Silver; SU Silver
Rerouting is a change as per SU fare rules, however, I do not know if there are any general provisions in the conditions of carriage that do not allow the change of origin. I was able to change the origin from CAI to IST on one ticket recently, but that was a short haul. Still sounds like a HUACA case to me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.