Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Russia-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Aeroflot fare rules clarifications Flex / Saver

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Aeroflot fare rules clarifications Flex / Saver

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28, 2018, 5:34 am
Original Poster

Question Aeroflot fare rules clarifications Flex / Saver

Hi,

I'm not a frequent traveler and sorry in advance if this question sounds dumb, but I searched through this forum and couldn't find an answer

So I need to book a one way ticket to China for next month but my visa hasn't been confirmed yet, so there is a slight chance I might have to rebook my flight

I looked up Aeroflot fare rules for Economic Saver (LVO) and Economic Flex (LFO). The price difference between the two fares for my flight is 120€

From what I understand reading these rules is that if I need to cancel / rebook my Saver ticket I'd have to pay a 35€ fee per action.

Does it mean I can freely cancel it ? Then what is the point of buying a Flex one ?

Thanks for your input,
Cheers !
Old Jun 28, 2018, 5:45 pm

Programs: Aeroflot Bonus - Gold, Marco Polo - Silver
Hi Babouh,
Welcome to Flyertalk.

Aeroflot fare rules: https://www.aeroflot.ru/ru-en/inform...ate/fare_rules

Saver: not refundable, except unused taxes (or if flying from Korea).
Classic: refundable with a fee
Flex: fully refundable

Note that Aeroflot IT isn't perfect, so the booking process shows different rules. Only the RUSSIAN version of the fare rules published in the website will be honored (unless Aeroflot updates them).

Fyi: I book flex mostly to upgrade using miles. Having an extra piece of luggage is also a plus. The added flexibility to change dates without charge is very valuable to me.

Note: visa applications usually require to show how you will leave the country. Enjoy China.
Old Jun 29, 2018, 3:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Oh I see. So that’s why I got a lecture from the chech in agent at SVO airport, who said that an upgrade cannot be made from this fare class or fare category. So I will need to book the flex option in order to be in the running for an upgrade. But I would’ve thought upgrading using Flying Blue miles would be impossible.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.