Wiki Posts
Search

Bags missed connection in SVO

Search this Thread

Old Jul 4, 2017, 12:41 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL; MileagePlus; other airlines
Bags missed connection in SVO

Due to the weather delay in JFK, missed my connection in SVO when connecting to TLV. I finally arrived six hours later, but bags got stuck in SVO. Delta refuses to do anything because they said they delivered it for Aeroflot to pick up , aeroflot says it's not their responsibility. Bottom line, bags have been gone for 3 days. At a loss - anything I can do?
Old Jul 4, 2017, 6:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by kvolvo
Due to the weather delay in JFK, missed my connection in SVO when connecting to TLV. I finally arrived six hours later, but bags got stuck in SVO. Delta refuses to do anything because they said they delivered it for Aeroflot to pick up , aeroflot says it's not their responsibility. Bottom line, bags have been gone for 3 days. At a loss - anything I can do?
It is Aeroflot's task to get the bags to you, apportioning of responsibility for and financial accountability is for the two to fight over. But you should deal with the last carrier you flew with.
I assume you filed a missing luggage report in TLV airport, then chase Aeroflot for the failure to deliver.

Last edited by CPH-Flyer; Jul 4, 2017 at 5:30 pm
Old Jul 4, 2017, 5:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL; MileagePlus; other airlines
Definitely filed a report in TLV but SU isn't even acknowledging requests. Pretty sucky because it's now been three days.

QUOTE=CPH-Flyer;28517903]It is Aeroflot's task to get the bags to you, apportioning of responsibility for and fanatical accountability is for the two to fight over. But you should deal with the last carrier you flew with.
I assume you filed a missing luggage report in TLV airport, then chase Aeroflot for the failure to deliver.[/QUOTE]
Old Jul 4, 2017, 5:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by kvolvo
Definitely filed a report in TLV but SU isn't even acknowledging requests. Pretty sucky because it's now been three days.

QUOTE=CPH-Flyer;28517903]It is Aeroflot's task to get the bags to you, apportioning of responsibility for and financial accountability is for the two to fight over. But you should deal with the last carrier you flew with.
I assume you filed a missing luggage report in TLV airport, then chase Aeroflot for the failure to deliver.
[/QUOTE]

I would make a claim to the travel insurance, saying the bags are lost, and the carrier refuses to deal with it.
The insurance company might just kick SU a bit. Anyway you will need to start getting some stuff soon.
Old Jul 5, 2017, 3:09 pm

Programs: BAEC G/*O E
Have you tried inquiring using their online form?
I would also encourage complaining to SU Facebook and/or Twitter (@aeroflot) accounts.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.