FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Russia-Based Airlines (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/russia-based-airlines-703/)
-   -   S7 Treatment of OW Emerald (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/russia-based-airlines/1382290-s7-treatment-ow-emerald.html)

Rami Tamimi Aug 9, 2014 3:20 pm

Originally Posted by Rami Tamimi (Post 20820568)
There are 2 check in counters in LED for S7 , one for elites and one for economy , but in reality no one seem to care about which cabin are you flying in , or which card do you have.

Also, as nekstep suggested , you can go to the 2nd floor , and there is a security lane , for elite passengers , I have never been refused with my BA Silver , it is allmost often empty , as very few people are aware of it .

In LED , boarding (and deboarding) is via both stairs , but they will only allow you to board through the front exit , if you are in C .

Just would like to update my previos posting about LED due to the launch of the new terminal this year. There are now 3 check in counters at LED for S7 flights: officially its 1xBusiness Class/OWR/OWS/OWE/ 1x Economy /1x Drop off,in reality no one cares about the priorities,but you are within your rights to come to the front of the line,and say to the agent that you are in J/elite FFP.

In regards to the lounge:there are currently two lounges: one ,instantly after security (fast track security is at the far right)-it has nice sofas,and reclining seats,and some (very) light snacks. The second one is in the temprary building,which handles bus-boarding. It has a bit more snacks,and a coffee machine,but is a bit smaller. You may of course visit both lounges-the main one,as you finish with security,and than the smaller one downstairs to be closer to the gates (almost always S7 flights leave from bus gates).

It is known that the Pulkovo airport lounge dragons are often unaware of the rules,so you might have to explain to them what is Oneworld,and what is OWE/OWS.They have a poster at their desk with the images of all OW cards,so you can point out to that.

These facilities are temporary,and once the old Pulkovo-1 terminal reopens (some time next year) ,the procedure will be changed.

SPBanker Aug 26, 2014 4:50 am

Just flew HEL-DME and DME-HEL on S7. In HEL S7 has a business class check-in desk, and this was enforced. As OWE one is entitled to use Finnair's new Premium Lounge, which is very nice.

On board I had seat 3D, which is directly behind the business class. This means that there was plenty of leg space, but armrests were immovable. Plane was full. Small snack was nothing to write home about, and service was almost surly. In DME we had to take bus to terminal, and the immigration line was pretty long (a plane from Dubai had just landed as well). It is obvious that DME is stretched a bit thin (it is much cheaper for airlines than SVO).

Coming back, there was no dedicated C check-in desk, and the check-in kiosk didn't work for me. (I don't understand why. I had S7 ticket, it found my reservation no problem, but then it was unable to print the BP. For a second I was hoping for upgrade, but...) Fortunately the line was moving pretty rapidly. S7's lounge in the B wing was pretty sad, but they had Czech Kozel beer on tap, which was pretty awesome.

Again a bus to the plane, and this time 4D. Completely uneventful flight, surly FAs. (They addressed people 'you' singular, 'ты', which is not as polite as 'you' plural, 'вы'. No biggie for me.)

rankourabu Aug 28, 2014 6:55 am

Priority checkin, lounge access, and an op-up (on an award ticket no less) in PEK made for a happy Sapphire.

Good meal on a short, and inconveniently timed flight. Would not hesitate to fly them again.

asnovici Aug 28, 2014 10:02 am

Originally Posted by SPBanker (Post 23425140)
Just flew HEL-DME and DME-HEL on S7.
Coming back, there was no dedicated C check-in desk

Again a bus to the plane, and this time 4D. Completely uneventful flight, surly FAs. (They addressed people 'you' singular, 'ты', which is not as polite as 'you' plural, 'вы'. No biggie for me.)

There is definitely Business class check in at DME with 3 counters and its separated from the economy line and relatively well signposted.

Also, I would be extremely surprised if a FA addresses a passenger with an informal YOU in Russian, maybe it was a child?

MrSimonR Sep 22, 2014 4:37 am

Just flew HEL-DME and DME-HEL on S7. In HEL S7 has a business class check-in desk, and this was enforced. As OWE one is entitled to use Finnair's new Premium Lounge, which is very nice.

Don't know about the kiosks, but web check-in/mobile phone check-in works every time. You do need to input passport data, so this have prevented you using the kiosks?

The iphone app is brilliant, and inputtting passport data and checking in, retrieving the boarding pass to Passbook is easy.

On DME-HEL, I've done this despite being booked on the codeshare with an AY ticket and AY flight number.

Service in J on DME-HEL has been very attentive with a nice meal and wine. I very much enjoy the J service on S7.

The lounge at DME isn't great, but it's somewhere to sit away from the crowds. The HEL lounge is outstanding.

Rami Tamimi Feb 18, 2015 6:20 pm

Update on DME (Moscow). S7 has recently opened a new lounge in the domestic departures area.The new lounge is a huge improvement on the old one. This link has a few pictures of the new lounge:

http://aviablogger.com/2014/12/new-l...-airlines-dme/

Update on LED (St Petersburg):

The new domestic terminal has been opened earlier this month. The check in and security are where they were. If you are in Y,then proceed to the left after security to and you will get into the corridor which leads to the new domestic terminal. If you are in J/elite FFP than use the last lane on your right,and the lounge would be straight after.

The lounge which used to be in the temporary building has now been closed,as has the temporary building itself. A new lounge is expected to open within the next few month,and I will give an update once it opens.

A few pictures of the new terminal:

http://aviablogger.com/2015/02/pulkovo1new/

sinbac Apr 23, 2015 1:25 am

For my last eight legs of flights by S7,upgraded 4 times including KHV-OVB-VVO.

Thumbs up!S7!

Rami Tamimi Oct 30, 2015 4:23 pm

For the benefit of any Emeralds (or Sapphire/Ruby members) travelling in S7 in Y:

It is now possible to request Extra space seats (first row of economy/emergency exit row) when checking in online. If you try to select an extra space seat at the first attempt,the website will attempt to charge you for it. What you have to do is select any normal seat,complete check in and then press "Сhange seat" (you can change seats on S7 at anytime,even after printing your boarding pass) and select the one of the extra space seats. This is because their system only registers your status after completing check in.

S7 also allows to select (=purchase) seats when buying tickets on s7.ru,but elites can't get them in this way. So either wait for OLCI,or send a quick email to [email protected] (with your booking reference and desired seat) they will answer in a few hours.

Isoveli Nov 3, 2015 11:44 am

On board I had seat 3D, which is directly behind the business class. This means that there was plenty of leg space,

My experience is slightly different and this row is not as spacious as it was before.

In October I have contacted S7 over the phone in order to choose a seat and they warned me of that and offered exit row instead.

Rami Tamimi Nov 4, 2015 1:27 am

An extra row was installed on the A319 this year,leading to legroom reduction in row 3 .This is why they are no longer marketed as Extra space seats,but check in agent would ofcourse give them to any elite cardholders if requested. Despite this,I would say that there is still good space in that row.

PS:This only affects A319. A320/321 still have great legroom as before.