Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

New HEL lounge - when will it open (and how can we get invited)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 24, 2014, 3:39 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SPBanker
Possible pre-look at the new AY Premium lounge for FT regulars

UPDATE 29/7 (by SPBanker): Finnair has informed us that the date/time for the pre-visit is July 31st at 6:00 pm. This has been confirmed.

Currently we have following FT members on the list. If you are not on the list, but you think you should be (1-2 can still be accommodated), please PM SPBanker ASAP, by the latest July 30th, 11:00 am (Eastern European time). We have tried to contact everyone who expressed interest, but the holidays may have caused some interruptions in communication....

• SPBanker
  • remymartin
  • WilcoRoger
  • Helsinki Flyer
  • Lappe
  • kauppias
  • OH-LGG
  • cistavoda
  • Courmisch
  • giucca
  • Post Scriptum
  • haa
  • AY0005

Another note from Finnair related to the current lounge renovation/lack of Schengen lounge for certain normally eligible pax:

Anyone accessing the non-Schengen departure area without non-Schengen boarding pass (=with Schengen departure) is subject to border control violation.

Print Wikipost

New HEL lounge - when will it open (and how can we get invited)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 30, 2014, 12:36 am
Moderator, Finnair
Original Poster

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Hope you all have a great sneak peak!

As it turns out I am available. Family rejected my carfully planned HKG trip (with all family members achieving status) as unrealisticly expensive. They wouldn't hear about good value for money either, and summer in Asias world city was scrapped for drinks by the pool in Greece.

What isn't available is flights to HEL. AY's last flight HEL-CPH is at 1745 (!) during summer dry, so no way to fly AY in&out. No award availability either. So no matter how nice I think a sneak peak would be, it is not worth an overnighter.

(unless RemyMartin is in party mood. However rumor has it he went to an gym the other day
Old Jul 30, 2014, 12:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Originally Posted by intuition
Family rejected my carfully planned HKG trip...
... it is not worth an overnighter
C'mon, get creative. Book that CPH-HEL-HKG flight and your overnight issues are solved
Old Jul 30, 2014, 1:37 am

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
Originally Posted by WilcoRoger
C'mon, get creative. Book that CPH-HEL-HKG flight and your overnight issues are solved
+1. intuition, you'd be better off arriving non-Schengen side anyway! CPH-LHR-HEL?
Old Jul 30, 2014, 4:09 am

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
A big ^ to SPBanker for arranging tomorrow's preview. It will be very nice to see the lounge, meet the staff, DO regulars and new ones!
Old Jul 30, 2014, 5:53 am

Programs: AMEX Plat / AY Plat, BA GGL-CCR / Bonvoy Titanium (LTP)
Originally Posted by Lappe
Or maybe MSN005 doing route proving, who knows.
Close call - but maybe it would be a stretch to claim that both projects were delayed intentionally...

http://www.airbus.com/newsevents/new...ication-phase/
Old Jul 30, 2014, 6:15 am

Have fun!

Maybe some of you will find time to tell the rest of us about your first impressions.
Old Jul 30, 2014, 8:01 am

Programs: AY Platinum (OWE), SK G(*G), BW Diamond
Any top tips for parking for such a short stint, I guess 1-2 hours? From Finavia's website I find only charges for 10min-60min visits or 1 day and onwards, does the parking hall next to Hilton (P4 or whatever) has some hourly rate as well.

On a side note, will be arriving to the airport by car from Tapiola direction via KehäI and can take passengers should there be a dire need for transfer options, pm etc.
Naturally I can also hop in to someone else's car.
Old Jul 30, 2014, 8:08 am
Moderator, Finnair
Original Poster

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
It actually is an excellent idea! Doubt I can pull it through with only 1 days notice though.
Old Jul 30, 2014, 8:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Originally Posted by Post Scriptum
Any top tips for parking for such a short stint, I guess 1-2 hours? From Finavia's website I find only charges for 10min-60min visits or 1 day and onwards, does the parking hall next to Hilton (P4 or whatever) has some hourly rate as well.
I'd say P2 is the best - just follow the signs for T2 parking
Old Jul 30, 2014, 8:53 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
I hope someone will be able to take and post some pictures!

Ya'll have fun. Wish I was there to check it out too..
Old Jul 30, 2014, 10:42 am
Ambassador: Finnair Plus
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Priority Club Plat Amb, Miles and Smiles Elite
I'd say P2 is the best - just follow the signs for T2 parking
You intend to drive afterwards?!?
Old Jul 30, 2014, 12:51 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, TK E, HHonors Gold
I have to skip this time as Nude-DO didn't happen Have fun and share your experience.
Old Jul 31, 2014, 12:37 pm
Ambassador: Finnair Plus
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Priority Club Plat Amb, Miles and Smiles Elite
First, let me thank Markku for making the visit possible! Second, let's thank all the AY, BA and JL people who participated. I personally had very nice discussions with our Japanese friends, for example.

I really did like the cool Finnish/Scandinavian vibe of lounge, obviously some thinking went into the color scheme etc. I don't how many passengers will appreciate the differences between the chairs designed by different people, but there are quite a few different chairs to try...

There are lots of sockets, but no USBs.

I really liked these.

These are in the secluded area from the quiet part of the lounge.

Quiet area.

Tomorrow noon this will be the kitchen.

The famous uni-sex sauna. It holds three people comfortably, 4-5 if you really squeeze them in tight. So, choose your sauna partners carefully.

I gotta say that the showers are much better than the ones in the old lounge.

Assortment of wines available in the new lounge.

Old Jul 31, 2014, 12:53 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Thanks for the pictures, hope you had a great time!

Looks very nice, love the colour palette chosen, very Finnish indeed! ^

Plenty of comfortable looking seating options, how would you say it compares size-wise with the existing lounge?

Can't wait to try it in 3 weeks time! ^
Old Jul 31, 2014, 1:19 pm

Great pictures. I can't believe that there will be such a nice lounge in Helsinki. Did you learn anything about the offerings. Will the Châteauneuf-du-Pape be free of charge? If yes, that's just great. If not, it's ok and expected. I noticed there were also representatives from BA. Will they abandon the almost@home now that there is more space at the old lounge? I know I should have joined you.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.