Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Russia-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Experience with Aeroflot? Good, Bad and Ugly

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Experience with Aeroflot? Good, Bad and Ugly

Search this Thread

Old Oct 29, 2015, 1:28 pm

Hello, any update on Aeroflot ?

Hello, any update on Aeroflot ?

Why are they always the cheapest airline ?

And is is true that they are friendly like Russian always are ? :-)

Thank you.
Old Oct 29, 2015, 4:16 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AF Gold / Accor Gold / Hilton Diamond / TP Silver / A3 Gold
Originally Posted by officialtravelnews
Hello,
Hello

any update on Aeroflot ?
Say what you want and we ll tell you what we know

Why are they always the cheapest airline ?
They are not the cheapest airline ! they maybe cheap for some routes , but cheap prices mean ...... ! Find out by yourself ! lets say it will be like a russian roulette !

And is is true that they are friendly like Russian always are ? :-)
It depends what you expect and what is your booking class or situation

Thank you.
You are welcome
Old Nov 1, 2015, 3:40 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

If you are flying to dxb with su , here are ''good'' news , Airbus A330-300 with IFE , but not for all flights

http://www.routesonline.com/news/29/...late-oct-2015/
Old Nov 1, 2015, 10:21 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, UA Silver, AV
I had my first experience of SU last week. I really enjoyed it! For anyone interested, I put up two reports on my personal blog.

http://gashwingomes.blogspot.com/201...ce-part-i.html

[Just a heads up, most of the posts are on spiritual/religious matters. I occasionally post about travel ... ]
Old Nov 3, 2015, 5:09 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by gashwingomes
I had my first experience of SU last week. I really enjoyed it! For anyone interested, I put up two reports on my personal blog.
You should post it on trip-report.com
Old Nov 4, 2015, 5:58 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by DrSavant
Used SVO lounges many times, for international, domestic and etc, as a DL PM - never had any negative experiences, so I'm surprised to hear about people getting turned down.

To the poster comparing SU and TK - I've logged a lot of mileage on TK, and while they are one of my favourite airlines, SU's shorthaul business class product is better than theirs, both due to seat comfort and to better food.
I've had Aeroflot deny me lounge access during international transit at SVO between two Aeroflot flight as a DL PM. But that was years ago and involved a rather long transit time.

Aeroflot's amenity kits for children have been some of the best my extended family has received over the years of flying. And apparently they still receive awards for them: https://www.aeroflot.ru/cms/en/new/50581
Old Nov 4, 2015, 9:00 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, UA Silver, AV
Originally Posted by fifty_two
You should post it on trip-report.com
Thanks ... I can't find a website with that name, but I did stumble across flight-report.com. Oh boy. So many flights, so little time! Thanks for the suggestion ... @:-)
Old Nov 8, 2015, 6:27 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by gashwingomes
Thanks ... I can't find a website with that name, but I did stumble across flight-report.com. Oh boy. So many flights, so little time! Thanks for the suggestion ... @:-)
Oh sorry , maybe i was tired
Old Nov 8, 2015, 7:57 pm

Programs: BA GGL/ VS Gold. Former: UA 1K (10 years+) , EY partners Plat, SQ PPS Club, SU Gold, LH SEN/HON
Originally Posted by fifty_two
If you are flying to dxb with su , here are ''good'' news , Airbus A330-300 with IFE , but not for all flights

http://www.routesonline.com/news/29/...late-oct-2015/
I'm actually mourning the loss of 77W JFK-SVO, and with it, premium economy. I hope it comes back soon.

Last edited by OpenSky; Nov 8, 2015 at 8:51 pm
Old Nov 21, 2015, 11:35 pm

Programs: Way Too Many
Recent Experiences

Hi,

Four flights with Aeroflot in the past 2 weeks - Here are my thoughts:

Booked in the Premium Economy cabin (Comfort class) in their 777 planes. Upgraded twice as plane switched to the 330 (am SKY elite plus). One upgrade a month before when I had to call the call centre to accept the change and once at the airport.

Overall very good flight experience on the comfort class flights, the cabin were almost empty only two or three additional passengers. Seats fine for day flights not comfortable for sleeping. Much better then economy which was packed and looked very uncomfortable (Though I am guessing no better or worse than other airlines).

Comfort class cost me 40% more than an economy ticket and I got upgraded twice so well worth it.

Business on 330 was fine not the best seat out there (angle) but I got upgraded so was more than happy.

IFE is nice with large screens and good choice (saw all of season 5 of Game of Thrones).

Food is ok and a lot of it - not quite to my palate a lot of fish based foods and lamb with cream sauce style. Bollinger Champs in Business. Comfort class mains same as business class.

Connections at SVO fine. One needs to go through passport control and baggage check before reentering departure area. No longer than 10mns on my two visits. Walk from Terminal D to F a long 15/20mns annoying when after walk from D to F was bused back to plane in D (actually same plane as arriving in). Good variety of Vodka to buy at airport.
All my flights were bussed in SVO.

Only had the time to try out the lounge in terminal F - Time warp lounge from the old days and not many options for food and drink. Terminal F looked old school.

Third flight was two hours delayed but luckily had 4 hour connection - though I did get 24 hours notice of the delay so had more time to sleep the day of flight.

Cabin crew very good and professional and dare I say very pretty - nice uniforms.

Overall I really enjoyed my flights in Aeroflot which were inexpensive (compared to others) and comfortable especially when sweetened with the two upgrades.

I will certainly consider using them in the future.

J

Last edited by jonnny; Nov 21, 2015 at 11:50 pm Reason: Lounges
Old Nov 23, 2015, 1:00 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by jonnny
Connections at SVO fine. One needs to go through passport control and baggage check before reentering departure area. No longer than 10mns on my two visits. Walk from Terminal D to F a long 15/20mns annoying when after walk from D to F was bused back to plane in D (actually same plane as arriving in). Good variety of Vodka to buy at airport.
All my flights were bussed in SVO.

Only had the time to try out the lounge in terminal F - Time warp lounge from the old days and not many options for food and drink. Terminal F looked old school.

Third flight was two hours delayed but luckily had 4 hour connection - though I did get 24 hours notice of the delay so had more time to sleep the day of flight.

Cabin crew very good and professional and dare I say very pretty - nice uniforms.

Overall I really enjoyed my flights in Aeroflot which were inexpensive (compared to others) and comfortable especially when sweetened with the two upgrades.

I will certainly consider using them in the future.

J
Nice review. I too will certainly not rule out using Aeroflot in the future, even as I find some of my SVO transits to be longer and slower than would be the case if I comncected at some other airports.
Old Dec 29, 2015, 9:13 am
jk2

For my upcoming family of 3 trip there is an option to fly JFK-SVO on SU (in business) or on DL (in business). I am aware that DL business is 1-2-1 (direct aisle access), while SU is 2-2-2, but for us it would be not much a problem. Overall, what is better? I flew DL in Business long time ago, but never on SU in Business.
Old Dec 30, 2015, 5:56 pm
Original Member

Programs: BA Gold, ex-BD Gold, SPG Gold, HH Gold
Originally Posted by jk2
For my upcoming family of 3 trip there is an option to fly JFK-SVO on SU (in business) or on DL (in business). I am aware that DL business is 1-2-1 (direct aisle access), while SU is 2-2-2, but for us it would be not much a problem. Overall, what is better? I flew DL in Business long time ago, but never on SU in Business.
If DL is fully flat J, then take DL; as noted upthread, SU is angled-flat. Otherwise, I find the SU food and service to be comparable. As noted upthread it may not be to your taste, and it is not QR or SQ quality, but there is little to complain about.
Old Jan 1, 2016, 12:36 pm
jk2

Originally Posted by chalf
If DL is fully flat J, then take DL; as noted upthread, SU is angled-flat. Otherwise, I find the SU food and service to be comparable. As noted upthread it may not be to your taste, and it is not QR or SQ quality, but there is little to complain about.
Both airlines on this route have lie-flat seats, the only difference is that DL is 1-2-1 configuration, while Aeroflot - 2-2-2. I never flew SU, but want to try.
Old Jan 2, 2016, 7:53 am

Programs: Spire RA, 1865 Voyager, Bonvoy Titanium, FB LP, LH SEN.
Originally Posted by jk2
Both airlines on this route have lie-flat seats, the only difference is that DL is 1-2-1 configuration, while Aeroflot - 2-2-2. I never flew SU, but want to try.
For service and IFE, SU is one of my favorites on Europe to E-Asia routes. That said, I could avoid flying to the US for years now and cannot compare it to US airlines.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.