Wiki Posts
Search

Aeroflot Flight Changes/Standby

Search this Thread

Old Jul 31, 2011, 12:12 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SQ
Aeroflot Flight Changes/Standby

Have a booking made PVG-AMS via SVO which has a really long layover - 20 + hours...the flight arrives in the morning in SVO and the next flight is the first one out the FOLLOWING day. The price for this flight was so good, I just assumed that I could get a seat on one of the SU or KL flights between 9 am and the end of the day....Getting a visa is also a possibility but not preferable because it's just a short visit.

My question is as follows: Will it be possible to get on an earlier flight off the standby list? Does SU allow this like US airlines do?

If not, what will their terms be for changing a non-refundable fare when the only part I want to change is the SVO-AMS leg? I'm guessing something along the lines of $150 + cost difference.....

Thanks!
Old Jul 31, 2011, 12:31 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: TK Gold, M&M FTL, QR Gold, HH Diamond, PCR Platinum
They definitely CAN do it, as I've experienced this when I flew CDG-SVO 2 years back, with flights leaving every hour. You will only know when you are in SVO. Also, you will have much better chances if you do not have any checked luggage. Good luck!
Old Aug 4, 2011, 6:47 am

Programs: BAEC G/*O E
Unlike US carries SU doesn't have a standby policy. As with anything which has not been put into a proper instruction in Russia it all depends on how sympathetic a particular transfer desk employee will be to your situation.

I would ask them politely about this possibility and if that fails, try my luck with transfer desk at a different terminal.
Old Aug 4, 2011, 3:19 pm

Programs: Aeroflot Gold, DL Silver, Marriott Gold, Global Entry, NEXUS
Originally Posted by luitje
... As with anything which has not been put into a proper instruction in Russia it all depends on how sympathetic a particular transfer desk employee will be to your situation...
++1. My experience as well throughout the former Soviet Union. I will say that I almost always have good luck in finding sympathetic Aeroflot employees.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.