Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Russia-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Aeroflot IT: Is auto posting that hard?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7, 2010, 11:14 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL GM (2MM), Lifetime Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat

Just finished a 6 leg journey on SU all in J (FRA to SVO to OVB to SVO to LHR to SVO to FRA) and though it has been a week still NONE of the flights have shown up in my Bonus account. The FF number is printed right on my BP so I know it's in there.

While most airlines offer a pretty user friendly retro credit system, SU does not. They make you wait a month before even starting the process online just to give their system time to make sure they do not end up somehow crediting you. Once started online the retro credit tool works only for SU flights (no partners) and takes another week or two before actually posting. If you have a partner flight you need credited, you must hand deliver or FedEx to the nearest Bonus office the original boarding pass, original ticket, copy of Bonus card, passport, and first born's fingerprints (ok, I exaggerated that last one a little bit) and then wait. I did this 23 months ago and it took a staggering 7 months for them to post the credits to my account. Since we were into the next calendar year already I lost all status qualification points for those flights and missed Gold by a paltry 800 some odd miles.

With so much going right at Aeroflot right now, the inability to have miles posted in a timely fashion is a real detriment to the program. I use miles to upgrade all the time but won't buy Q and higher fares in the future if the miles needed to upgrade are not in my account. SU is just hurting SU in this case.

Come on SU. You can do better!
Old Mar 10, 2010, 5:54 am

Programs: BAEC G/*O E
Originally Posted by woody125
Once started online the retro credit tool works only for SU flights (no partners) and takes another week or two before actually posting. If you have a partner flight you need credited, you must hand deliver or FedEx to the nearest Bonus office the original boarding pass, original ticket, copy of Bonus card, passport, and first born's fingerprints
Why would you mail copy of your card and passport page? This is most definitely not a requirement. All you need to do is to fill in the retrospective claim form, attach your original BPs and a copy of your e-ticket receipt. Pretty standard with almost every airline in both *S and *A (*O is a bit user friendlier). Well, at least they do not require you to send BPs for their own flights, like bmi does.

Originally Posted by woody125
I did this 23 months ago and it took a staggering 7 months for them to post the credits to my account. Since we were into the next calendar year already I lost all status qualification points for those flights and missed Gold by a paltry 800 some odd miles.
This could not be right. Even if it takes them 7 months to credit miles to your account (which is difficult to believe - I normally get credited within next 40-60 days, which is still slow, but 7 months is unbelievable), you should not loose your status. Miles are added to the period when you have actually taken the flight, so every other flight segment is then recalculated to show according to the new status.

If that was not the case - send them a complaint. They are quite good in dealing with them (although painfully slow). Another hint - send your BPs with registered mail to their Moscow office rather than fiddling with the outposts.
Old Mar 10, 2010, 11:39 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL GM (2MM), Lifetime Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by luitje
Why would you mail copy of your card and passport page? This is most definitely not a requirement. All you need to do is to fill in the retrospective claim form, attach your original BPs and a copy of your e-ticket receipt. Pretty standard with almost every airline in both *S and *A (*O is a bit user friendlier). Well, at least they do not require you to send BPs for their own flights, like bmi does.

This could not be right. Even if it takes them 7 months to credit miles to your account (which is difficult to believe - I normally get credited within next 40-60 days, which is still slow, but 7 months is unbelievable), you should not loose your status. Miles are added to the period when you have actually taken the flight, so every other flight segment is then recalculated to show according to the new status.

If that was not the case - send them a complaint. They are quite good in dealing with them (although painfully slow). Another hint - send your BPs with registered mail to their Moscow office rather than fiddling with the outposts.
For partner flights, AFAIK, you must send in all paperwork. The online option only works for SU flights.

According to the website (English version): To claim for Miles earned for the Partner Airline’s flight a full set of travel documentation is required: copy of the ticket (in case of E-ticket its printed copy) and original boarding pass should be sent to Aeroflot Bonus Center.

If that has changed, then please show me the link as that would be good news indeed. Knowing the way my Russian friends love documents I have found it beneficial in the past to send in just a bit more documentation than is actually necessary thus the passport and copy of my visa often get added to the mix.

But it is right. I did a MR in October of 2007 on DL just to make Gold with SU and the miles, award only...not qualifying...showed up only in May of 08. It was rather comical that they even bothered by then. These were again on partner flights, not SU metal. I called the Bonus office in NYC a week or two after I flew (I was going to be in the States for an extended period of time so I called NYC) and "Alla" said for me to send her the paper work via FedEx. I did that two days later and waited and waited and waited. I am sure she sent it on to Moscow eventually as I have heard the outposts indeed do not have the ability to do anything in the area of retro credits. I was in London two weeks ago and went to the office near Piccadilly to inquire about this issue and the office was closed at 2.05 p.m. with a sign on the door saying they would be closed from 2.30 to 3.30 p.m. The lady sitting at the desk inside would not even look up when I softly knocked on the glass door. You can take Russian customer service agents out of Russia but you cannot take Russia out of Russian customer service agents.

I had just about made Gold in 2009 by the time these miles were posted so I did not bother writing a letter which would have added a few more months to the process too. Been Gold ever since...just wishing it was easier to use the award miles I value so much for the upgrades.

I did get a CSA flight to post in less than 3 days though. I flew them on Sunday and the miles were in my Bonus account by Wednesday. Now if I can just get those 0's off of the Q fare / J class SVO to LHR to SVO flights of two weeks ago. Argh!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.