Wiki Posts
Search

Ritz Rewards Negative Balance

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2016, 8:19 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Lifetime Platinum, MR Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Ritz Rewards Negative Balance

Without going into lots of detail my RR balance has gone negative points, any issue with this? Eventually the balance will become positive but not for a few months. Biggest concern I have is an upcoming reward stay in Feb and if it would be effected.Thoughts?
Old Jan 2, 2016, 10:43 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by kenme1
Without going into lots of detail my RR balance has gone negative points, any issue with this? Eventually the balance will become positive but not for a few months. Biggest concern I have is an upcoming reward stay in Feb and if it would be effected.Thoughts?
Well you're going to need the points before your reward stay in Feb (if RC is like Marriott, the points/e-cert get pulled a week in advance if not already attached). So if you don't have them by then you'll need to look at paying for the stay. If they had already pulled the points when you made the reservation/funded the stay/already attached the e-cert & it was subsequent events/award ressies that threw you into negative mode, your Feb stay should be ok. That's my initial guess/take on the situation.

Cheers.
Old Jan 2, 2016, 2:07 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
Well you're going to need the points before your reward stay in Feb (if RC is like Marriott, the points/e-cert get pulled a week in advance if not already attached). So if you don't have them by then you'll need to look at paying for the stay. If they had already pulled the points when you made the reservation/funded the stay/already attached the e-cert & it was subsequent events/award ressies that threw you into negative mode, your Feb stay should be ok. That's my initial guess/take on the situation.

Cheers.
My upcoming stay RC stay already had the certificates issued. I am just thinking how or if RC/Marriott will tackle the negative point balance. Thanks for the feedback.
Old Jan 2, 2016, 6:28 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold (1st choice) BW Diamond (2nd)
i didnt even know you could have a negative points balance.
Old Jan 3, 2016, 7:26 am

Programs: MR LT Titanium, IHG Plat.,UA Premier Silver, & PA/OH Turnpike Million Miler
+1 I am curious, how do you get to a negative point balance?

--Jon
Old Jan 3, 2016, 8:02 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Jon Maiman
+1 I am curious, how do you get to a negative point balance?

--Jon
Claw back of points from Chase. Only time I have ever had this happen from any card issuer on a co-branded card (RC). I'll, keep this thread updated on what happens.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.