Search

Bizarre fantasist Uber driver out of Denver

Search this Thread

Old Oct 15, 2023, 6:22 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Bizarre fantasist Uber driver out of Denver

Just arrived at my hotel after a bizarre 15 minute trip where the driver told me the following:
  • He owned 16 cars (5 Range Rovers, 5 BMWs and 6 others).
  • He learned to fly in the Marines and worked his way up from a Cessna to a 767.
  • He was still in the Marine Reserves and flies cargo for them regularly including a trip to Ukraine 2 weeks ago landing on a runway that was too short flanked by 4 fast jets and ending up on a gravel track earning $285,000 for the 3 day trip.
  • He was leaving tomorrow morning flying for United out of Denver to Japan with the flight departing at 0315.
  • That flight was being operated by a 'Skybus'. When I quizzed him on that he said it was the double decker and confirmed my suggestion that he was referring to an Airbus 380.
  • He said that 720 people had already checked in for the flight. When I suggested most Airbus aircraft had a capacity of around 550 max he said it was closer to 700 (shame for the other 20 then!)
  • He said he was out in his Uber 9 hours before departure because he had ADD.
Of course, there is no flight to Japan from Denver on United that leaves at 0315 and United don't operate the Airbus 380 at all. I doubt he has 16 cars and suspect he was a fantasist. I was checking during the ride that we were headed towards the hotel and was happy to wave a cheery goodbye as I exited.

Old Oct 16, 2023, 9:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Pray tell, what sort of luxurious vehicle did this superstar drive?
Old Oct 16, 2023, 10:08 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
Pray tell, what sort of luxurious vehicle did this superstar drive?
He was in one of his five Range Rovers. I’d guess it was about 10 years old.
Old Oct 17, 2023, 11:38 am

I make 6 figures and I still have an active Uber driver account. Sometimes I drive for Uber when I’m bored
Auto Enthusiast likes this.
Old Oct 17, 2023, 5:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by nd2010
I make 6 figures and I still have an active Uber driver account. Sometimes I drive for Uber when I’m bored
Around these parts, there are people who make 6 figures (albeit the very low end) and need the extra income to pay the rent.
Auto Enthusiast likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.