Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lyft definition of "upfront pricing"

Search this Thread

Old Sep 20, 2022, 6:03 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K and PP, AA PPro (3MM, former CK), Marriott Ambassador and LTT, Uber One
Originally Posted by ikwia
Well, the answer to your question is that [submitting a complaint to the AG] takes about 15 minutes, which I've now done, inspired by your post. I will post back if anything happens.
Today I received a form letter from the AG, basically saying that they aren't taking any action but that if it develops into a pattern of reports from other consumers then they may be in touch for additional details. This is about as I expected. I suppose it's a nice touch that they sent a letter.
Auto Enthusiast likes this.
Old Dec 23, 2022, 1:02 am

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
Well, looks like I'm contacting the AG too. Lyft has gotten pretty bad about being outright dishonest.

I chose and paid a fee for an Express pickup which would have saved me a few minutes, but the driver spent the entire pickup time not moving (I'm not convinced that the driver did this, but rather the Lyft app simply matched me with a driver that was further away and lied about the driver's position) and I was picked up way later than a regular Lyft ride would have taken. I contacted them and they responded with form letters twice about how they reviewed my ride and that I was charged what they showed me up front and that there was nothing wrong. Then, after the second response, I received no further responses to my emails.

Lyft isn't even trying to hide their dishonesty these days.
Old Feb 15, 2024, 7:13 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K and PP, AA PPro (3MM, former CK), Marriott Ambassador and LTT, Uber One
I had the price change again last night. I selected a Wait and Save fare with a price of $23.99, but during the ride I noticed it said the price is $40.99. I can't figure out how to chat and the automated help just keeps telling me my fare was correct.
Old Feb 16, 2024, 1:53 am

Always take screenshots. Neither of the two rideshare companies are honest these days, and Lyft seems to be much much worse than Uber.
econ likes this.
Old Feb 16, 2024, 9:15 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by diburning
Always take screenshots. Neither of the two rideshare companies are honest these days, and Lyft seems to be much much worse than Uber.
Good suggestion, but what do I actually do with that screenshot? And how do I prove the screenshot accurately shows the sequence of what happens? It seems I would need video.
Old Feb 16, 2024, 11:52 pm

You can do a screen recording too.

The screenshot/screen recording is what you use when confronting the useless person that responds to the customer service chat. You may also need to threaten to contact regulators. Usually with the screenshot/screen recording, they back down.
Old Feb 17, 2024, 11:05 am
Original Poster

The screenshot/screen recording is what you use when confronting the useless person that responds to the customer service chat. You may also need to threaten to contact regulators. Usually with the screenshot/screen recording, they back down.
Do you know how to chat with a human? I was unable to figure that out this time.
Old Feb 22, 2024, 4:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
I always take a screenshot. But in the rare cases where I had an issue, the automated system always corrected in when I complained
Old Mar 23, 2024, 3:53 am

Uber is now being dishonest about the upfront pricing too.

Uber can tell if I took a screenshot. When I take screenshots, they don't ever change the fare unless it's fair reason (ie the driver elected to take a toll road to save time). Today, I requested a ride, the app said I could get a ride in a little as 4 minutes. The app matched me to a driver 18 minutes away, so I hit Cancel, gave the reason (driver too far) and was given the option to Find Another Driver for no additional fare/fee. Well, I happened to not have taken ascreenshot of the initial quote this time, and after they re-matched me with another driver (this time the driver was 2 minutes away), the fare went up by about a dollar and change. This is blatant dishonesty. Always screenshot. Hold them accountable.
Old Mar 23, 2024, 7:51 am

Can’t wait to join the inevitable class action. Thought I was going nuts with this but will always screenshot now.
Old Mar 24, 2024, 7:45 am
Original Poster

Uber is now being dishonest about the upfront pricing too.
Are you an Uber One member?
Old Mar 24, 2024, 8:03 pm

Yes. The increased amount is not the same amount as my Uber cash balance if that’s what you’re wondering. I thought that might have been the case at first.
ikwia likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.