Wiki Posts
Search

Neat Uber/Lyft Metasearch App

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10, 2020, 7:14 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National Exec
Neat Uber/Lyft Metasearch App

Found a rather neat app called Bellhop. It's a metasearch app that lets you search and price both Uber and Lyft (along with a few other options) in a single interface. I've found it to work very well thus far (been using it for a month or so). Includes any discounts or promos that you get from both Uber and Lyft. No connection to the company, just a user.
Auto Enthusiast likes this.
Old Feb 10, 2020, 1:39 pm

Programs: Delta Plat
I use google maps for this, shows uber, cabify and lyft for me
Old Feb 10, 2020, 5:01 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by HWGeeks
I use google maps for this, shows uber, cabify and lyft for me
Does it give you a realtime quote including any discounts/promos that you specifically qualify for? It doesn't for me, but maybe that's just me.
Old Feb 10, 2020, 6:18 pm

Originally Posted by cestmoi123
Does it give you a realtime quote including any discounts/promos that you specifically qualify for? It doesn't for me, but maybe that's just me.
It does for me. Real-time quote and even coupon codes. It does seem a bit off with Cabify though
Old Feb 11, 2020, 7:15 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by HWGeeks
It does for me. Real-time quote and even coupon codes. It does seem a bit off with Cabify though
On Google Maps, all I get is a wide range of prices (from Grand Central to LGA at the moment, giving $23-41 for UberPool), while Bellhop cites the exact price ($35.59, including the discount I'm currently getting from Uber, $43.63 regular price).

Last edited by cestmoi123; Feb 11, 2020 at 7:18 am Reason: clarity
Old Feb 11, 2020, 8:47 am

Originally Posted by cestmoi123
On Google Maps, all I get is a wide range of prices (from Grand Central to LGA at the moment, giving $23-41 for UberPool), while Bellhop cites the exact price ($35.59, including the discount I'm currently getting from Uber, $43.63 regular price).
I was in the Dominican Republic last night and it showed the correct prices when I'd click open in app. But I am in NYC right now and from my home to JFK it does show as you say 23-30 dollars not a fixed amount like it did in the DR.

could be location-specific. and only LYFT is showing what discounts and codes are available. weird.
Old Feb 11, 2020, 10:25 am

Notice that none of the Maps apps or such show the one-way rental car specials between NYC airports and Manhattan, if applicable. Didn't the apps endeavor to show all the available options? Mass transit, ride hailing, etc.
Old Feb 11, 2020, 3:25 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Auto Enthusiast
Notice that none of the Maps apps or such show the one-way rental car specials between NYC airports and Manhattan, if applicable. Didn't the apps endeavor to show all the available options? Mass transit, ride hailing, etc.
That's an incredibly niche application, however, and it's also not a door to door option.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.