Neat Uber/Lyft Metasearch App

Old Feb 10, 20, 8:14 am
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: NYC
Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National Exec
Posts: 6,701
Neat Uber/Lyft Metasearch App

Found a rather neat app called Bellhop. It's a metasearch app that lets you search and price both Uber and Lyft (along with a few other options) in a single interface. I've found it to work very well thus far (been using it for a month or so). Includes any discounts or promos that you get from both Uber and Lyft. No connection to the company, just a user.
Auto Enthusiast likes this.
cestmoi123 is offline  
Old Feb 10, 20, 2:39 pm
  #2  
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Somewhere
Programs: Delta FO (I use to be More)
Posts: 2,875
I use google maps for this, shows uber, cabify and lyft for me
HWGeeks is offline  
Old Feb 10, 20, 6:01 pm
  #3  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: NYC
Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National Exec
Posts: 6,701
Originally Posted by HWGeeks View Post
I use google maps for this, shows uber, cabify and lyft for me
Does it give you a realtime quote including any discounts/promos that you specifically qualify for? It doesn't for me, but maybe that's just me.
cestmoi123 is offline  
Old Feb 10, 20, 7:18 pm
  #4  
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Somewhere
Programs: Delta FO (I use to be More)
Posts: 2,875
Originally Posted by cestmoi123 View Post
Does it give you a realtime quote including any discounts/promos that you specifically qualify for? It doesn't for me, but maybe that's just me.
It does for me. Real-time quote and even coupon codes. It does seem a bit off with Cabify though
Auto Enthusiast likes this.
HWGeeks is offline  
Old Feb 11, 20, 8:15 am
  #5  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: NYC
Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National Exec
Posts: 6,701
Originally Posted by HWGeeks View Post
It does for me. Real-time quote and even coupon codes. It does seem a bit off with Cabify though
On Google Maps, all I get is a wide range of prices (from Grand Central to LGA at the moment, giving $23-41 for UberPool), while Bellhop cites the exact price ($35.59, including the discount I'm currently getting from Uber, $43.63 regular price).

Last edited by cestmoi123; Feb 11, 20 at 8:18 am Reason: clarity
cestmoi123 is offline  
Old Feb 11, 20, 9:47 am
  #6  
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Somewhere
Programs: Delta FO (I use to be More)
Posts: 2,875
Originally Posted by cestmoi123 View Post
On Google Maps, all I get is a wide range of prices (from Grand Central to LGA at the moment, giving $23-41 for UberPool), while Bellhop cites the exact price ($35.59, including the discount I'm currently getting from Uber, $43.63 regular price).
I was in the Dominican Republic last night and it showed the correct prices when I'd click open in app. But I am in NYC right now and from my home to JFK it does show as you say 23-30 dollars not a fixed amount like it did in the DR.

could be location-specific. and only LYFT is showing what discounts and codes are available. weird.
HWGeeks is offline  
Old Feb 11, 20, 11:25 am
  #7  
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: New York suburbs
Posts: 3,518
Notice that none of the Maps apps or such show the one-way rental car specials between NYC airports and Manhattan, if applicable. Didn't the apps endeavor to show all the available options? Mass transit, ride hailing, etc.
Auto Enthusiast is offline  
Old Feb 11, 20, 4:25 pm
  #8  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: NYC
Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National Exec
Posts: 6,701
Originally Posted by Auto Enthusiast View Post
Notice that none of the Maps apps or such show the one-way rental car specials between NYC airports and Manhattan, if applicable. Didn't the apps endeavor to show all the available options? Mass transit, ride hailing, etc.
That's an incredibly niche application, however, and it's also not a door to door option.
Auto Enthusiast likes this.
cestmoi123 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: