Wiki Posts
Search

Uber Cash as default

Search this Thread

Old Nov 6, 2019, 10:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Uber Cash as default

Seems I cannot turn that off by switching to a credit card for the next ride. Anyone have a solution?
Old Nov 13, 2019, 3:07 pm

Programs: AA EP, UA Gold-MM, UA 1K (former), GS (former),SPG LT Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
Seems I cannot turn that off by switching to a credit card for the next ride. Anyone have a solution?
I believe it is the new default option and you have to turn it off per ride or request a form of payment change after the ride is over.

Only other option is to use the business profile and I think there it is defaulted as off.
Points Scrounger likes this.
Old Dec 15, 2019, 1:08 pm

Originally Posted by neo_781
I believe it is the new default option and you have to turn it off per ride or request a form of payment change after the ride is over.

Only other option is to use the business profile and I think there it is defaulted as off.
Defaulting Uber Cash is still broken/buggy. You can turn it off and switch to a credit card, but it has a bug where if you use Uber cash on the previous ride and run out of Uber cash, the app doesn't notify you that you ran out of funds until your next trip.

Upon taking your next trip, it prompts you to pay with a credit card. I wish it would stop defaulting to Uber Cash, or at least be smart enough to know when Uber Cash isn't going to cover the full fare, and split it with a credit card.
Old Dec 17, 2019, 9:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
What I got hit with recently, which has happened before, was that I was able to pay for the entire trip with remaining Uber cash and a credit card; however, the tip that I intended to pay via credit card, which seemed go through at the time, resulted in a warning on my next trip to validate that credit card transaction before I could book the following trip itself.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.