Book about Uber

Old May 16, 18, 5:42 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Book about Uber

There's a new book out that might interest people here. The title is "Ubered: My Lige as an Uber Driver" and the author is Evan Khan, who was an Uber/Lyft driver for about four years in the Minneapolis area. He claims to have driven 140,000 miles for Uber during that time and to have been paid a total of $120,000 or $20 per hour before expenses. There are a lot of stories of strange passengers.

Enjoy!
Old May 17, 18, 9:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
I read it. Found the guy to be rather immature, with horrific business sense. Some of the stories were interesting, such as the elderly couple who spoke no English arriving at clearly a wrong address, while ones focusing on club kids and drugs lost me.

At the time, it was free for Kindle Prime members to borrow on their Amazon devices.
Old May 17, 18, 1:40 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT 3MM, Hilton/Marriott/SPG/Club Carlson GLD, IHG PLT
As an UBER driver myself, I have certainly encountered my share of stories/situations. Certainly keeps it interesting for me.

Search this Thread