Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Given 1 star or no reason?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13, 2018, 3:06 pm
Original Poster

Unhappy Given 1 star or no reason?

Hey, so i have recently started using uber and with 6 rides I had gotten all 5 stars. Then a week ago I had a ride. I entered the car and greeted the driver, both of us were rather silent throughout the ride, once we arrived I said thank you and have a nice day. I then also tipped the driver and gave him a compliment through the app, rated the ride 5 stars. My rating has now dropped from 5 stars to 4.43, meaning he had rated me a 1 star. That is a rating way below the average and from what I heard from many drivers I will have difficulty being accepted for a ride with a low rating like that. It will take me tons of rides with a 5 star rating to get anywhere close to an average rating again. My question is, is there anything i can do about this? is there something i did wrong during the ride that im too stupid to realize?
Old Apr 13, 2018, 4:27 pm
Company Representative - AutoSlash and HotelSlash

Probably nothing you can do, and probably not worth worrying about. I highly doubt you are going to have difficulty finding drivers to pick you up with a 4.43 rating. Much ado about nothing. Go on with your life and things will turn out just fine.
Old Apr 14, 2018, 9:39 am

Programs: LH SEN, HH Gold
Originally Posted by Kettles
...It will take me tons of rides with a 5 star rating to get anywhere close to an average rating again. My question is, is there anything i can do about this? is there something i did wrong during the ride that im too stupid to realize?
If I were a conspiracy theorist, I'd think that might just be the motivation...

My rating dropped abruptly after a incident-free ride which indicated to me a 1-star review. Either the driver made a mistake or was wacko, or Uber is playing games with our psyches.
Old Apr 14, 2018, 12:49 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
OP doesn't say where this happened nor does his profile provide a location.

In major cities, this is a non-issue. The 1* means that you won't be matched with that driver again. In NYC it means that you may wait an average of 1/100th of a second more for a car. That's about it.

If you obsess about what these ratings mean, you are succumbing to sophisticated marketing. Forget it.
Old Apr 15, 2018, 10:38 am

Programs: UA GS, Avis CHM, Marriott & SPG & PC Plat., Hyatt & Hilton Diamond
I might recal wrong, but isn’t the star rating always 5 for the first five rides? Meaning that you could have been getting a lower score, but the app didn’t reflect that until you took your sixth ride.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.