Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Ride Services, including Uber and Lyft
Reload this Page >

Ride share users...stop griping about the vehicle you get!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14, 2018, 12:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Silver, Hilton HHonors Diamond, IHG Plat

As a driver, I'm getting tired of this. I drive a 4 door 2015 Pickup, clean, and safe. A few times I have pulled up for a ride, only to have a rider get grumpy and tell me no way they can step up into the truck. Ok, fine....but I drive what I drive people and it meets Lyft requirements. If you don't like the vehicle, canx the ride right away and get a new one!
its not that difficult...
Old Mar 14, 2018, 12:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Originally Posted by Hawkeyefan
As a driver, I'm getting tired of this. I drive a 4 door 2015 Pickup, clean, and safe. A few times I have pulled up for a ride, only to have a rider get grumpy and tell me no way they can step up into the truck. Ok, fine....but I drive what I drive people and it meets Lyft requirements. If you don't like the vehicle, canx the ride right away and get a new one!
its not that difficult...
I’ve gotten a pickup in Vegas once. I guess I wish you could filter out certain subcompacts and such, before they showed up. The pickup was ok, but just not quite what I was expecting. Some people may not want go ride in it.
Old Mar 14, 2018, 12:45 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero
I’ve gotten a pickup in Vegas once. I guess I wish you could filter out certain subcompacts and such, before they showed up. The pickup was ok, but just not quite what I was expecting. Some people may not want go ride in it.
Agree, but when the driver with the pickup accepts the ride the rider knows what he is driving, and if he doesn't like it, he can canx and get a new ride immediately.
Old Mar 15, 2018, 3:52 pm
Original Member

I've been in subcompact cars so small where the backseat requires one rider to put his feet up, and Uber requires all cars to hold 1-4 passengers at a minimum, so yes, we get the right to gripe.
Jaimito Cartero likes this.
Old Mar 19, 2018, 1:28 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Tino
I've been in subcompact cars so small where the backseat requires one rider to put his feet up, and Uber requires all cars to hold 1-4 passengers at a minimum, so yes, we get the right to gripe.
um, no you really don't. If the car is clean and the driver courteous and the ride safe, you are out of line docking the driver on his/her car. YOU accepted the ride with said car and declined to cancel and get a new ride with what you would define as a 'better' car. Your bad, not the drivers.
Old Mar 19, 2018, 8:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Originally Posted by Hawkeyefan

um, no you really don't. If the car is clean and the driver courteous and the ride safe, you are out of line docking the driver on his/her car. YOU accepted the ride with said car and declined to cancel and get a new ride with what you would define as a 'better' car. Your bad, not the drivers.
Of course you can gripe. I’ve gotten rides that had no room in the trunk because of a big speakerbox. You may also not be familiar with a car model. Sometimes it not until you try to get in that you have problems. In Europe I had an Audi that was a tight fit getting in.
will2288 likes this.
Old Mar 20, 2018, 7:09 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero
Of course you can gripe. I’ve gotten rides that had no room in the trunk because of a big speakerbox. You may also not be familiar with a car model. Sometimes it not until you try to get in that you have problems. In Europe I had an Audi that was a tight fit getting in.
Understood if the vehicle is not fully prepped, clean, and devoted to rideshare service. However if the vehicle meets all these objectives, how can you complain merely about the type of vehicle the driver uses, and give him a low rating based on that? With good conscience anyway.....
Old Mar 21, 2018, 6:25 am

There is a reason why municipalities that govern for-hire vehicles to require certain models and model years.
Old Mar 21, 2018, 8:02 am

and devoted to rideshare service.

I'm not sure of that one. Isn't a big part of the ride hailing app model letting/encouraging non-taxi drivers (average people) to use their personal cars for extra money in their spare time?
Old Mar 23, 2018, 1:20 pm

It’s certainly a big part of the PR but it doesn’t seem to be an important part of the model...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.