Wiki Posts
Search

I saw what you did there, Uber!

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3, 2018, 11:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
I saw what you did there, Uber!

Initially, I was given an offer by Uber for a flat $4 off any uberpool trip this week, resulting in $5 trips costing me $1 instead. Apparently, they caught on and didn't like it, as midweek they overrode it with a new promo of 50% off with a maximum value of $6, granted this one isn't limited to Pool only, but still I'll likely end up paying a couple of bucks more now.
Old Feb 3, 2018, 4:04 pm

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
Those sneaky weasels!
Old Feb 5, 2018, 6:00 am

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National Exec
Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
Initially, I was given an offer by Uber for a flat $4 off any uberpool trip this week, resulting in $5 trips costing me $1 instead. Apparently, they caught on and didn't like it, as midweek they overrode it with a new promo of 50% off with a maximum value of $6, granted this one isn't limited to Pool only, but still I'll likely end up paying a couple of bucks more now.
Last summer, I had a RidePass that gave $5 off any UberX or UberPool ride. Since my rides to work in Pool are usually <$5, it meant they were free. About half the time, I had to contact support because I had been incorrectly charged.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.