Wiki Posts
Search

Uber Double-Charge Nightmare

Search this Thread

Old Jun 23, 2017, 8:39 am
Original Poster

Programs: Independent
Uber Double-Charge Nightmare

So... I asked Uber to change the card for a trip, which they dutifully did and which has ended up in a bit of a customer service nightmare. Basically their system double-charged the new card, and it seems it is now trying to charge me a "negative" amount, which will not go through to any card, rendering my account unusable.

Customer "service" has meant 6 emails with 5 (going on 6) agents who, despite copious documentation, each seem to believe I have an outstanding balance on my account. (It shows up as a negative amount of my double charge when I log in to uber.com.)

Has anyone else experienced something similar? Any hints for how to deal with them? At this point I've just disputed the charge.
Old Jun 23, 2017, 2:15 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Delta Platinum Medallion, AAdvantage Platinum Pro
Originally Posted by whicuz
So... I asked Uber to change the card for a trip, which they dutifully did and which has ended up in a bit of a customer service nightmare. Basically their system double-charged the new card, and it seems it is now trying to charge me a "negative" amount, which will not go through to any card, rendering my account unusable.

Customer "service" has meant 6 emails with 5 (going on 6) agents who, despite copious documentation, each seem to believe I have an outstanding balance on my account. (It shows up as a negative amount of my double charge when I log in to uber.com.)

Has anyone else experienced something similar? Any hints for how to deal with them? At this point I've just disputed the charge.
Keep trying. Copy and paste emails. You may eventually get someone competent.
Old Jun 25, 2017, 4:43 pm
Company Representative - AutoSlash and HotelSlash

This may help:

https://www.quora.com/How-can-I-reac...a-phone-number

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.