**request for AWD?

Old Jan 13, 17, 5:43 pm
Moderator: Credit Card Programs & Chase Ultimate Rewards
Original Poster

Programs: Too many to list
**request for AWD?

Hi,
My subdivision has a lot of snow and regular 2WD cars sometimes get stuck. Can I request an AWD from Lyft or Uber? I need a ride tomorrow.
Old Jan 13, 17, 11:15 pm
Company Representative - Autoslash

Originally Posted by philemer View Post
Hi,
My subdivision has a lot of snow and regular 2WD cars sometimes get stuck. Can I request an AWD from Lyft or Uber? I need a ride tomorrow.
Yes, there is UberSUV but this tends to be a luxury high-end SUV option so it is likely going to be much more expensive, and may not be available in every area.
Old Jan 17, 17, 12:50 pm

Originally Posted by AutoSlash View Post
Yes, there is UberSUV but this tends to be a luxury high-end SUV option so it is likely going to be much more expensive, and may not be available in every area.
That is also no guarantee that the XL/SUV will be 4WD, many SUVs offer both 2WD and 4WD trims.
Old Jan 19, 17, 9:45 am

There's no way to request AWD, but if you use UberXL or UberSUV you're likely to at least get a vehicle with taller ground clearance, which for purposes of getting stuck in a suburban subdivision is usually more important than the number of wheels that are powered.
Old Jan 19, 17, 10:33 am
Moderator: Credit Card Programs & Chase Ultimate Rewards
Original Poster

Programs: Too many to list
I rolled the dice and ended up using Lyft and my ride was a Chrysler 200. It worked out fine.

Thx

Search this Thread