Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 11, 2015, 8:51 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: themicah
Mainline passenger services in US markets:
  • UberX (non-commercial driver in a basic car in most markets, licensed livery driver in NYC)
  • UberXL (non-commercial driver in a larger vehicle with six passenger seats in most markets, licensed livery driver in NYC)
  • UberSELECT/UberPLUS (non-commercial driver in a nicer car in many markets)
  • UberBLACK (licensed livery driver in nicer livery cars in most markets)
  • UberSUV (licensed livery driver in a larger livery vehicle with six passenger seats in most markets)

Specialty passenger services in US markets:
  • UberT/FOR HIRE (eHail ordinary taxis in NYC, SF, DC, SEA, etc.)
  • UberWAV (eHail wheel chair accessible taxis or licensed paratransit vehicles in NYC, LA, SAN, etc.)
  • UberASSIST (UberX with drivers trained to help disabled people into the car in LA, HOU, SAN, etc.)
  • UberFAMILY/CAR SEAT (UberX with a child seat for $10 more in NYC)
  • UberPOOL (UberX with possibility of sharing ride with another passenger in SF, LA, NYC, BOS)
  • UberVIP (highest rated UberBLACK drivers, available to passengers with 100 or more rides in select markets)
  • UberLUX ([noncommercial?] driver in a luxury car in LA)

Specialty passenger services ex-US:
  • UberPOP (non-commercial driver in a small car in some European markets)
  • People's Uber (ultra-low-cost UberX in mainland China)
  • UberANGEL (someone drives you home in your car if you've been out drinking in Colombia)

Non-passenger services:
  • UberRUSH (bicycle messenger service in NYC)
  • UberEATS (food delivery service with rotating restaurants in NYC)

Temporary Promotions:
  • UberCOPTER/UberCHOPPER (helicopter service in NYC, Cape Town)
Print Wikipost

The various types of UBER vehicles

Search this Thread

Old May 11, 2015, 7:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Jumbo mas
The various types of UBER vehicles

While traveling, and opening the app, the array of vehicle options surprises me, and I usually don't have a clue what they are. I suppose that is what happens when living in the land of practical without a lot of need for transit pretension.

So what are all these various types? Please add here, with the description. In the SF Bay Area, we've only got:

Uber X and XL, the economy approach, with more room (XL) if needed.
Uber Black, the nicer car, including many drivers with TCP licenses
Uber SUV
Old May 11, 2015, 8:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Don't forget UberT, alternatively known in some markets as Uber Taxi, available in some areas (such as NYC) where presumably Uber has an agreement with a taxi dispatcher.

There's also UberSelect in the Chicago market (and perhaps others--I just saw it there). The example car when clicking that option is a Mercedes of some sort.

FWIW, Uber's branding runs the words together with the second word in all-caps (e.g. "UberSELECT").
Old May 12, 2015, 5:36 am

In Tokyo the service is still limited but you have UberBlack (the original Uber), UberTaxi (taxi without the hassle) and UberTaxiLUX (luxurious taxi without the hassle).
Old May 12, 2015, 6:20 am

Programs: AA,BNV,HIL
Uber Taxi in Sydney as well. Same price as phoning a taxi with the convenience of staying inside until your phone says the driver is near.
Old May 12, 2015, 7:47 am

Programs: Marriott, AAdvantage, United, Club Carlson
Uber Pop in Paris
Old May 12, 2015, 7:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
UberCHOPPER in Cape Town.
Old May 12, 2015, 8:20 am
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
If I recall, I think we had UberBoat in Boston last summer...if you were near a pier, you could use Uber to call a water taxi to take you across the Boston Harbor or to the airport. I think Uber just took a buck or two as a "convenience fee," similar to what they do for land-based taxis.
Old May 12, 2015, 12:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Originally Posted by SFO777
UberCHOPPER in Cape Town.
Ha, it actually exists. I find that funny given this line I read a few months ago about a different helicopter service:

The company is marketing the “Uber of helicopters” concept (apparently anything where you request a booking via a mobile device is an “Uber” now)
http://blog.wandr.me/2015/01/gotham-...-nyc-airports/
Old May 12, 2015, 12:44 pm
Community Director Emerita

This is great content. Thank you.
Old May 12, 2015, 1:19 pm

Programs: DL AA UA CO
In San Francisco and Los Angeles there is uberPOOL. A larger uberXL car that automatically shares a ride with one other pax going the same way. You share the cost of the shared ride. Right now there's a promo for $5 rides.
Old May 13, 2015, 3:27 am

Originally Posted by jackal
Don't forget UberT, alternatively known in some markets as Uber Taxi, available in some areas (such as NYC) where presumably Uber has an agreement with a taxi dispatcher.

There's also UberSelect in the Chicago market (and perhaps others--I just saw it there). The example car when clicking that option is a Mercedes of some sort.

FWIW, Uber's branding runs the words together with the second word in all-caps (e.g. "UberSELECT").
Old May 13, 2015, 3:30 am

I took uber select recently in the Tampa / St Pete market and had a vw passat w no middle seat. It was a very expensive (by uber standards) and uncomfortable ride home for the middle passenger sitting on the back center console. Uber needs to realize most uberselect customers are business travelers where a four person uber is common
Old May 15, 2015, 2:51 pm

Programs: Once upon a time...
I recently saw UberAngel in Bogota. Best I can tell, it was a service where someone comes and drives your car home if you get too drunk. It was pretty pricey.
Old Aug 13, 2015, 8:22 am

Programs: DL GM 1MM, MR LT Titanium
Originally Posted by spdickey
In San Francisco and Los Angeles there is uberPOOL. A larger uberXL car that automatically shares a ride with one other pax going the same way. You share the cost of the shared ride. Right now there's a promo for $5 rides.
This has just come out in Boston:

http://newsroom.uber.com/boston/2015...ide-in-boston/

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.