Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Monthly spending limit

Search this Thread

Old Aug 20, 2009, 12:13 pm
Original Poster

Monthly spending limit

I'm planning to pick up the check (and be reimbursed) for a large group at a participating restaurant. Reading the statement on the NW program, "Unlimited visits; WorldPerks® Bonus Miles awarded on qualifying dines up to the maximum spending limit of $1000 per month," I want to be sure I'm reading that right. I don't think I'll go over, but if the spending is over $1000 I'll get the miles for $1000, right? They won't say "We're giving no miles for this $960 because with your previous $50 spending this month, it takes you over the limit"? And is there any limit on the number of people in the party? I remember such a limit, but maybe it was for the Diners Club cash rebate program I had long ago.
Old Aug 20, 2009, 5:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
In the past, there was a "Rule of 7" where one had to clear 8+ diners with RN before the meal - I don't know if it's still in place. Couldn't hurt to call and ask?

I believe that if you had a $50 dine, and then a $960 one, you'd get miles on the first $950 of the second dine.
Old Aug 24, 2009, 2:17 am

Programs: AA Bonsai EXP (2.9 MM), AS MVPG
Originally Posted by rove312
I'm planning to pick up the check (and be reimbursed) for a large group at a participating restaurant. Reading the statement on the NW program, "Unlimited visits; WorldPerks® Bonus Miles awarded on qualifying dines up to the maximum spending limit of $1000 per month," I want to be sure I'm reading that right. I don't think I'll go over, but if the spending is over $1000 I'll get the miles for $1000, right? They won't say "We're giving no miles for this $960 because with your previous $50 spending this month, it takes you over the limit"? And is there any limit on the number of people in the party? I remember such a limit, but maybe it was for the Diners Club cash rebate program I had long ago.
I've picked up checks on multiple occasions for dines over $1000. I have always received miles for the first $1000, but never over. Single dines only in my experience.

On one occasion, I had 24 people in the party. I did not clear in advance. I was awarded miles for the first $1000.

Disclaimer: My response only pertains to the AA program within RN.
Old Dec 7, 2010, 10:07 am
Moderator: New York City and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, Natl EC
Monthly Maximum - per account or per card?

I'm assuming the $1000/month limit is per account rather than per card, but am wondering if anyone's had first-hand experience with, for example, splitting a large dine onto two cards that are registered with the same account?
Old Dec 7, 2010, 12:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Not for the same partner, no. The computer will see that you've already used up part of your monthly allowance when the second charge hits.

For different partners, yes. So, say you had dined there before with Partner A for a tab of $100. Then you host a party with a tab of $1000 later that month. Ask to put exactly $900 on a Partner A card, and "the balance" on a Partner B card.
Old Dec 7, 2010, 1:14 pm
Moderator: New York City and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, Natl EC
Thanks, my plan exactly.
Old Dec 8, 2010, 12:54 pm

I didn't know there was a spending limit.
Old Dec 8, 2010, 5:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Either $1000 or $600 maximum per month; some restaurants also allow only one visit (per partner) per month. It's noted in the individual restaurant listing.
Old Dec 8, 2010, 6:11 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
The number of restaurants with $600 monthly limits seems to be decreasing, and signifies one of the older grandfathered properties; the new ones are generally $1,000. However, they can opt for different limits, iirc.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.