Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Other Loyalty Programs/Partners > Rewards Network (formerly iDine)
Reload this Page >

Different Restaurants in Each Rewards Network Program?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 2, 2008, 10:07 am
Original Poster

Programs: CO Infinite Plat, UA Lifetime 1K, AA EXP, US(ex-CP), VX, DL, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, SPG Gold

Like others, I have different cards registered under different airline programs. I just noticed that some restaurants show up on some airlines' sites, but not on others. I also noticed that the differences occured mostly in "new" restaurants to Rewards Network. But since (I assume) all the sites are administered by Rewards Network, why would they have different databases?

Has anyone actually used different cards (registered to different airlines' programs) and received mles on one card but not the other?
Old Jun 2, 2008, 1:23 pm

Programs: ~IHG(p)/BW~Nat'l.Exec~ ~NW(SE)~ ~Cessna~ NASM.do-07 ~AAAF.do-05/06/07/08/09
After one fashion or another ~ yes.

In a nutshell, it's possible for a location to be listed/absent in 'selected' programs .. and/or different levels of a given program (ie, you must be VIP/top level to earn).

/BTDT
//really suxx
/.
Old Jun 2, 2008, 3:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
See Major I-Dine/Rewards Networks Cities thread.
Old Jun 5, 2008, 10:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: CO Infinite Plat, UA Lifetime 1K, AA EXP, US(ex-CP), VX, DL, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, SPG Gold
So I went to a "new" restaurant that was listed the general Rewards Network site this weekend, but not on the site linked to my AA program. That restaurant showed up on my AA site 2 days later. Postings usually take 6 days to show up in my account, so I wonder if I'll get miles for this meal.

Last edited by infiniteflyer; Jun 5, 2008 at 2:22 pm
Old Jun 6, 2008, 8:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by margarita girl
See also this thread from earlier this year, where I first noticed it in my search comparisons.

(Previous to that, the only discussions of fewer restaurants in one program than another I seem to remember were ones about Alaska in Seattle and maybe United in San Francisco -- ie primary hub cities of each airline. That was discussed at least a year ago if not more.)
Old Jun 11, 2008, 1:27 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by infiniteflyer
So I went to a "new" restaurant that was listed the general Rewards Network site this weekend, but not on the site linked to my AA program. That restaurant showed up on my AA site 2 days later. Postings usually take 6 days to show up in my account, so I wonder if I'll get miles for this meal.
Nope, I didn't get any miles for this dine...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.