Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Please Share iDine Bonuses [2005 - 2016]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13, 2012, 10:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Open Jaw
I see that you dine everyday. I wish I could do that.
Not quite every day, and in this particular week, I was traveling every day except 1, so no choice but to eat out! In fact, it was one day less because the only participating restaurant I like in the town I was in on Easter weekend was closed Easter day. (The town has only two particpating restaurants, and I tried the other once, and never again.)

I work far away from home, on compressed workweek, so I'm away from home Mon/Tue/Wed evening, so I dypically have to either eat out or get takeout from a supermarket deli those evenings. Those 3 days therefore accounts for the majority of my dines (on weeks when I'm not traveling to someplace else in the US over the weekend).

But as you can see, they're mostly cheap dines (since I'm dining by myself on most of these dines, and it's all on my own dime, of which I don't have a huge amount). Thus I have trouble when RN does promos that only work with $25+ dines (as they have several times in the past). Compared to those, this promo isn't so bad, in that at least it works on every single dine.
Old Apr 13, 2012, 1:44 pm

Programs: AA, AS, AV, B6, DL, F9, WN
Originally Posted by sdsearch
Not quite every day, and in this particular week, I was traveling every day except 1, so no choice but to eat out! In fact, it was one day less because the only participating restaurant I like in the town I was in on Easter weekend was closed Easter day. (The town has only two particpating restaurants, and I tried the other once, and never again.)

I work far away from home, on compressed workweek, so I'm away from home Mon/Tue/Wed evening, so I dypically have to either eat out or get takeout from a supermarket deli those evenings. Those 3 days therefore accounts for the majority of my dines (on weeks when I'm not traveling to someplace else in the US over the weekend).

But as you can see, they're mostly cheap dines (since I'm dining by myself on most of these dines, and it's all on my own dime, of which I don't have a huge amount). Thus I have trouble when RN does promos that only work with $25+ dines (as they have several times in the past). Compared to those, this promo isn't so bad, in that at least it works on every single dine.
I am also on my own dime and normally I dine alone. When I see a promo for spending $25 I get gift cards. About once a month I have a steak night with some friends but most of my dines are $10.
Old Apr 18, 2012, 3:01 am

I just checked my AA account and all dines have posted, but no bonus miles.
Old Apr 18, 2012, 7:17 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold,
Originally Posted by Open Jaw
I just checked my AA account and all dines have posted, but no bonus miles.
Weird, I just check mine too
Mine posted

Reads like this:

04/04/12 DINING BONUS-2 EXTRA MILES/$ 0 18 18
04/02/12 DINING BONUS-2 EXTRA MILES/$ 0 33 33
04/02/12 DINING BONUS-2 EXTRA MILES/$ 0 10 10
04/01/12 DINING BONUS-2 EXTRA MILES/$ 0 32 32
Old Apr 18, 2012, 7:25 am

Location: SoCal; DO-RAGS: Old Gold tagged, PIP, LatPass 1/2, AA 4MM, HH LT Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, Omni
I'm seeing my April bonuses post, and as noted upthread the format is different, and I'm seeing each dine matched as for example:

04/06/12 DINING BONUS-2 EXTRA MILES/$ 0 20 20
04/06/12 DINING REWARDS NET-WASABI & SUSHI 50 0 50

The change in format makes me think that RN originally planned not to bonus April, but due to poor/misleading wording the path to least resistance was to continue the bonus thru April.
Old Apr 18, 2012, 10:21 am

Just check my AA account again. Now the bonus are posted.

Jailer, I believe you are correct. I am sure they received many calls due to this issue.
Old Apr 20, 2012, 9:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
After nearly two weeks, I had thought Alaska wasn't participating in this "extension" at all, but with this week's transmittal came a lump sum 2x for the dines I'd done at the beginning of the month.
Old Apr 26, 2012, 4:11 pm
Original Member

Priority Club

Priority Club: 500 bonus points when you complete your online profile. Apparently no purchase necessary. (Not working on April 26, 2012)

http://www.priorityclub.com/hotels/u...-_-primary_cta
Old Apr 27, 2012, 4:57 pm

Just used my company credit card (under my name) to buy food for 50 people ^^^^^

When can I expect the miles to post? I have UA!!!
Old Apr 27, 2012, 7:40 pm

Originally Posted by gablaze23
Just used my company credit card (under my name) to buy food for 50 people ^^^^^

Wow, thats a good get. For me at aa. Mine seem to post a week after doing the review. I have noticed that it depends when they turn in the receipts. Theres one place that doesn't even show up for review until after a week of my dine.
Old Apr 30, 2012, 9:41 am

Is that old (in my opinion awful) promo still going on? If not, any idea when the next one might be rolled out. Hopefully it is significantly better and the good promos haven't died forever.
Old Apr 30, 2012, 10:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Originally Posted by fragment54
Is that old (in my opinion awful) promo still going on? If not, any idea when the next one might be rolled out. Hopefully it is significantly better and the good promos haven't died forever.
Your nightmare is their command - I just got an email from RN (Delta) that this one is now extended through June. I'm a member of four programs, requalified for 2013 on one where I spent $75, and have one dine to go on the other for next year. No dines at all this year on the other two, so this does nothing for me with those.

I remain very unhappy with their attempt at a "bonus co-pay" (deductible, threshold), which seems to benefit only those who'd accumulate that much not on their own dime anyway.

Last edited by Points Scrounger; Apr 30, 2012 at 10:56 am
Old Apr 30, 2012, 10:14 am

Programs: PC Plat, SPG Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt plat,...
The only problem with this is that most restaurants will only give you miles on either the first $500 or the first $1000 that you spend depending on the restaurant.

Originally Posted by gablaze23

Old Apr 30, 2012, 2:30 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Radisson Premium
Clicked the Get Ahead Bonus on the Mileage Plus dining page and saw that it was indeed extended to 6/30. Hey better than nothing I say.

Although, I did have to re-register for it (even though it said I was already registered)-got a confirmation email. I did click the register button and now it's gone, so I did it just to be on the safe side
Old Apr 30, 2012, 5:04 pm

Originally Posted by demkr
Clicked the Get Ahead Bonus on the Mileage Plus dining page and saw that it was indeed extended to 6/30. Hey better than nothing I say.

Although, I did have to re-register for it (even though it said I was already registered)-got a confirmation email. I did click the register button and now it's gone, so I did it just to be on the safe side
Nothing for AA

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.