Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Other Loyalty Programs/Partners > Rewards Network (formerly iDine)
Reload this Page >

Creative / 'fluffed' restaurant descriptions...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Creative / 'fluffed' restaurant descriptions...

Search this Thread

Old Oct 8, 2004, 10:28 pm
Original Poster

Talking Creative / 'fluffed' restaurant descriptions...

Do the restaurant owners get to write the descriptions on the idine website? What establishment do you envision when you read the following?...
"XXXX is a take out and delivery family style spot with a casual ambiance. They serve an Italian cuisine with an emphasis on traditional and gourmet pizzas. They offer over twenty toppings. Other menu items include: dipping sauce, hot peppers, cheesesticks, breadsticks, chicken strips, ice cream and sodas."

No...it's not a neighborhood Italian restaurant...it's a Papa John's...

I gorge on pizza like anyone else...but c'mon...it's a carry-out pizza joint.
Old Oct 8, 2004, 10:51 pm

Programs: DL, AA, HH, UA
I wish Papa Johns was on my local iDine list! I wouldn't care if it called itself a 4* joint! It's miles that count!

Sadly, my iDine list includes too few places of interest. Mr. 2411 & I topped off our NW FFF4 with separate checks @ a biker bar with a C/W band on the patio. We aren't C/W people, but the dude did a mighty fine Willy imitation.

Last edited by jg2411; Oct 8, 2004 at 10:56 pm
Old Oct 9, 2004, 6:17 am

Programs: AA, Delta, United, SPG plat, Hyatt dia
A lot of the "restaurants"listed(using L.A and NOLA as the two examples I have searched)are really bars that serve some food.Wish this would be a seperate search function as I for one have no interest in eating in bars.
Old Dec 12, 2004, 3:36 pm

Programs: AA MM, SPG Plat., HHonors GLD, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by KhalilSheikh
Do the restaurant owners get to write the descriptions on the idine website? What establishment do you envision when you read the following?...
"XXXX is a take out and delivery family style spot with a casual ambiance. They serve an Italian cuisine with an emphasis on traditional and gourmet pizzas. They offer over twenty toppings. Other menu items include: dipping sauce, hot peppers, cheesesticks, breadsticks, chicken strips, ice cream and sodas."

No...it's not a neighborhood Italian restaurant...it's a Papa John's...

I gorge on pizza like anyone else...but c'mon...it's a carry-out pizza joint.
So you prefer Papa John's to PizzaPort, eh? The description is itself a flyer for the brand of generic government cheese they use.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.