Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA's Monthly Elite Bonus

Search this Thread

Old Sep 14, 2004, 7:33 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Programs: AA- Lifetime Platinum; Marriott - Lifetime Platinum: Starwood - Gold; IHG - Platinum
AA's Monthly Elite Bonus

I posed this question back in April and didn't get an answer. A further search yielded no definitive answer.

Does the dine 3 times in a month (and get bonus of 500) post automatically? My husband and I are new this year to AAdvantage Elite. His bonus miles posted automatically in Apr, May and June. Nothing since, despite fulfilling the number of idines.

Nothing posted for me. Back in June I called idine and they said it was an AA thing: call them. I called AAdvantage CS and the agent manually posted May and June. She said it would be automatic afterward. No bonus appeared since.

Today I called AAdvantage back. The agent researched it for about 30 minutes and came back only to tell me to contact Idine CS. He said he is sure it's Idine's responsibility. Can anyone shed some light please?
Old Sep 14, 2004, 8:54 pm
LRD

Programs: AA Plat/6MM, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by paradocs
Does the dine 3 times in a month (and get bonus of 500) post automatically?
Yes, the bonus has been posting automatically for me.

Takes about 8-9 weeks to post. (This may vary depending on when in the month you hit your third restaurant; I haven't paid that much attention.)
Old Sep 15, 2004, 9:43 am
dc3

Thumbs down no more bonus

QUOTE=LRD]Yes, the bonus has been posting automatically for me.

Takes about 8-9 weeks to post. (This may vary depending on when in the month you hit your third restaurant; I haven't paid that much attention.)[/QUOTE]

I just called and was told the 500 point bonus ended July 31. They also said there were no current AA dining bonus at this time or in teh near future.

Old Sep 15, 2004, 10:23 am
LRD

Programs: AA Plat/6MM, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by dc3
I just called and was told the 500 point bonus ended July 31. They also said there were no current AA dining bonus at this time or in teh near future.
Strange, the bonus offer is still listed on aa.com, under the header that says:

All offers are valid from March 1, 2004 through February 28, 2005.

I'll definitely be watching this. I've been spoiled by the easy 500 miles every month.
Old Sep 15, 2004, 4:26 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Programs: AA- Lifetime Platinum; Marriott - Lifetime Platinum: Starwood - Gold; IHG - Platinum
Thanks!

Thanks for the very helpful replies! I called the "airline liason" at idine. She said AA supplies them with a tape that lists elite members. She didn't know how often AA updates this. She insisted that AA couldn't manually post the miles for me.

She said: May miles were sent July 25 (which is 7 weeks)
June miles were sent Aug10 (5 weeks)
July miles will be sent around Sept 30 (8 weeks)

(I don't know if she meant they are sent those days for everyone, I sort of think she did)

She also said "they are sent 6-8 weeks after a promo" (which I guess means after the end of each month).
Old Sep 17, 2004, 5:55 am

Programs: Lifetime AA Gold-1MM
My bonus for July posted today, 9/17/04.
Old Sep 17, 2004, 1:04 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, 1 MM
My 500 mile AA bonus for July posted today as well (September 17 2004)

Last edited by Mormik; Nov 22, 2004 at 11:01 am
Old Sep 17, 2004, 10:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 1.7 M, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, AARP Sophomore, 14-time Croix de Candlestick
Another July 2004 bonus post, overnight between 9/16 and 9/17.
Old Sep 19, 2004, 9:04 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

My husband's and my July bonus both posted as well. That sort of makes what the idine liason told me in my post above look ludicrous.

Does anyone know if AA Gold elites get the bonus also? Or is it limited to Plats and EX Plats?
Old Sep 20, 2004, 9:18 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HH GLD VIP
I am gold got the credit on the 17th as well but for AUGUST restaurants.. I had no Idine restaurant activity before august
Old Sep 21, 2004, 8:10 am

Originally Posted by paradocs
My husband's and my July bonus both posted as well. That sort of makes what the idine liason told me in my post above look ludicrous.

Does anyone know if AA Gold elites get the bonus also? Or is it limited to Plats and EX Plats?
AA Gold gets 500 miles bonus each month there are three dines.
Old Sep 21, 2004, 5:34 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Thank you all for confirming that Golds get the bonus.
Old Nov 21, 2004, 11:24 pm

Mine are still posting, although they seem to be taking longer and longer. I have become more dilligent in watching for them. I am afraid I will forget and they will slip through the cracks.

PEACE!
Old Dec 2, 2004, 1:39 pm

Location: PHL/KOA - SU '03 M BB NCAA Champs/Phillies '08 WS Champs/Eagles '18 SB Champs
Programs: AA EXP (3MM)/HH Diamond
Originally Posted by PapiTheWriter
Mine are still posting, although they seem to be taking longer and longer. I have become more dilligent in watching for them. I am afraid I will forget and they will slip through the cracks.

PEACE!
I just had the 500 mile bonus post with a date of 10/08/04. I presume this is the October bonus?
Old Dec 3, 2004, 6:56 am

My 500 AA mile bonus posted yesterday with an October date on the posting. This was for October activity since I had already receievd September's and it's too early for Novemeber's activity...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.