Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Other Loyalty Programs/Partners > Rewards Network (formerly iDine)
Reload this Page >

Restaurant on some iDine lists, but not others - anyone know why?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Restaurant on some iDine lists, but not others - anyone know why?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 28, 2004, 1:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL, AA, HH, UA
Question Restaurant on some iDine lists, but not others - anyone know why?

The restaurant nearest my home (w/ good food too) is no longer listed on NWA rest. rewards (idine), but is still listed on OnePass & at least 2 more lists. I called to confirm on/off status, unfortunately owner was gone & no one else knew what I was talking about. I shall call again before I expect the visit to qualify for miles or points.

Has anyone notice the same situation in your area? Anyone know why? Until recently, the lists were the same in my area.
Old Aug 28, 2004, 12:13 pm

Programs: UA 2P, AA LT Gold, Marriott LT Titanium
Yeah, this started about 3 or 4 months ago. Basically it sux because you have to not only see if it is on iDine the day you go but remember to pull out the correct CC.
Old Aug 29, 2004, 10:54 am
Original Member

Programs: AA- Lifetime Platinum; Marriott - Lifetime Platinum: Starwood - Gold; IHG - Platinum
My first experience with this troubling situation was New Year's Eve. I think it is a bad move on Idine's part. Here is a short thread about the topic:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showt...highlight=maui
Old Aug 29, 2004, 2:37 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL, AA, HH, UA
Thanks for the replies. It's good to know I wasn't going crazy when I compared lists.
Old Sep 10, 2004, 5:10 pm

Programs: AA Plat, BA, DL, Frontier, NWA, SWA, UA, HHonors Gold, Priority Club Plat, Choice Priv, BW, Diners
Originally Posted by jg2411
The restaurant nearest my home (w/ good food too) is no longer listed on NWA rest. rewards (idine), but is still listed on OnePass & at least 2 more lists. I called to confirm on/off status, unfortunately owner was gone & no one else knew what I was talking about. I shall call again before I expect the visit to qualify for miles or points.

Has anyone notice the same situation in your area? Anyone know why? Until recently, the lists were the same in my area.
I've spoken to iDine customer service people who claimed it was the restaurant that "must have" wanted it that way.

I'm skeptical of that claim for two reasons:

1. I find it a bit of a stretch to believe that iDine would give restaurants a questionairre they would have to fill out monthly checking off which FF programs they want to participate in the next month.

2. I have seen restaurants that appear in all the programs I belong to one month, then disappear from some of the programs for a couple months, then come back to all programs again (or appear in yet a different mix of programs!). This smells more like a glitch to me than an intentional action.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.