Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Once a month rule

Search this Thread

Old Oct 2, 2004, 12:02 am

There are plenty of 'phantom' restaurants in my area...

Originally Posted by JDiver
When I was checking the list today, I also decided to log on to see my account information, as well as more comprehensive information on the restaurants I was looking at / for.

As usual, many restaurants changed from "one monthly visit" to "unlimited monthly visits," though in most cases still with the $600 monthly maximum. A few restaurants changed thenumber of miles earned per dollar - one from 5, to 10.

But the eye-opener for me was a restaurant suddenly appeared on the list! This restaurant did not appear when I quickly browsed without logging in - but after I logged in, it suddenly appeared!

Creating a profile, logging in when checking the site and checking it regularly are still three important actions to maximize the iDine program.

BTW, if anyone has an idea of how I can d/l the Pocket PC version and make it usable in a WIndows program, I'd appreciate the information.
For a long time there was a place walking distance from me that did not appear unless I was logged in...and it was a 20 mile/$ place. They stopped participating a few months ago.
Old Oct 2, 2004, 6:56 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
I do hate when that happens! I have had a coupe of favourite restaurants that have dropped out - and one very good one with lots of miles that failed. OTOH, one dropped out - and a few months later, returned.

Originally Posted by KhalilSheikh
For a long time there was a place walking distance from me that did not appear unless I was logged in...and it was a 20 mile/$ place. They stopped participating a few months ago.
Old Oct 2, 2004, 9:06 am

Programs: PC Platinum Ambassador, Marriott Gold Elite, UA 2P, Starwood Gold, Avis First, Bolt Bus $1 Rider
what happens when the restuarant goes out of business?

Originally Posted by JDiver
I do hate when that happens! I have had a coupe of favourite restaurants that have dropped out - and one very good one with lots of miles that failed. OTOH, one dropped out - and a few months later, returned.

this raises a question for me
another poster posted that the restuarant gets a $10k loan from idine
which is then paid back from the sredit card receipts to a tune of $20k

what happens if the restaurant goes bankrupt/out of business before the idine gets its $20k??

is idine in the restuarant used equipment business?
Old Oct 2, 2004, 10:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
I wouldn't recommend signing up at the main iDine site. You should sign up for each program throught the particular airline's site. For example, for AAdvatnage Dining:

I should probably post this in a new thread but ... the above is quite correct!

A friend signed up through Rewards Network. He visited a joint that showed as "participating" at the Alaska Airlines site, but not at the Rewards Network one. He called in when the points failed to post; the rep noted his file, but he had to send in the receipt to get credit, even though the restaurant itself participates with Alaska.
Old Oct 2, 2004, 10:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
For those of you who think that once-a-month is virtually an extinct phenomenon, limited to a scant few holdouts here and there - I checked my local list earlier today and counted 18 out of 42 with that restriction.

Granted, three of those were branches of the same chain that gives miles ONLY two days per week. And then only if one member of the party is wearing purple trousers and has a birthday in the current month!
Old Oct 4, 2004, 5:12 pm

Yow! Is that a SEA thing? That is sorry! Lots of restrictions... not so much fun.

Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
For those of you who think that once-a-month is virtually an extinct phenomenon, limited to a scant few holdouts here and there - I checked my local list earlier today and counted 18 out of 42 with that restriction.

Granted, three of those were branches of the same chain that gives miles ONLY two days per week. And then only if one member of the party is wearing purple trousers and has a birthday in the current month!
Old Oct 4, 2004, 5:14 pm

THAT would be interesting! We enjoyed a neighborhood pub / restaurant for a while (10 miles per, and very decent, if unvarying, food,) which went belly-up suddenly. (It's now re-opened with different owner, name, etc. and no iDine.)

Originally Posted by jessej
this raises a question for me
another poster posted that the restuarant gets a $10k loan from idine
which is then paid back from the sredit card receipts to a tune of $20k

what happens if the restaurant goes bankrupt/out of business before the idine gets its $20k??

is idine in the restuarant used equipment business?
Old Oct 8, 2004, 9:23 am

Programs: SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat, UA Premier, Hilton Gold
In my case, just the oposite. I signed up through the main site and when I search for restaurants in my area, I see 26 results.
However, a friend who joined through the NWA site only has 22 results on his

And my favorite Idine place still has a 1 visit/month limit while my other 2 favorite Idine places left Idine this summer

Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
I wouldn't recommend signing up at the main iDine site. You should sign up for each program throught the particular airline's site. For example, for AAdvatnage Dining:
Old Oct 11, 2004, 1:17 pm

Thanks for these tips. I usually don't log in when visiting the AA.rewardsnetwork site, and because of what some of you wrote, I just logged in and checked out my favorite restaurant and noticed that the once a month limit is gone.

Thanks again.
^
Old Nov 21, 2004, 11:22 pm

Even if a place has limits - check back the day you are going to dine. Some increase or decrease their limits constantly (or cut days or change the # of miles earned). Watch out - as you have seen - they may no longer even be part of the program.

Good Luck!
PEACE!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.