Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IDine Vegas?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27, 2004, 1:47 pm
Original Poster

IDine Vegas?

I just printed out the Las Vegas Idine for Continetal and was wondering if anyone has any recommendations?

Thanks
Old Apr 28, 2004, 5:54 pm

Programs: AA Plat, BA, DL, Frontier, NWA, SWA, UA, HHonors Gold, Priority Club Plat, Choice Priv, BW, Diners
Originally Posted by bp traveler
I just printed out the Las Vegas Idine for Continetal and was wondering if anyone has any recommendations?
I have just a couple "reviews", and I wouldn't consider them recommendations (more like warnings?).

First of all, I should explain that recently I was in Vegas for only one day, and chose a non-iDine for lunch, and so was only looking for one iDine for dinner, and wanted it to be not too far from my North Las Vegas hotel (nowhere near The Strip), and was looking for something vegetarian. I made note of two chain restaurants (both of which have locations in the iDine listings all over the Vegas area).

First I tried Better Nutrition/Kristen's Lo Carb Kafe. Before I go on, I need to explain something that iDine doesn't explain well: Better Nutrition locations that don't have Kristen's Lo Carb Kafe (only 4 do) are simply nutrition supplement/etc stores, not restaurants! (This makes it a very unusual category for iDine, so unusual that they misclassify them as vegetarian restaurants.) But the one I went to on Craig Rd did have the Kafe. I was able to walk in and look at it, and it look like an ultracheapo fast food/diner counter (in one corner of what was otherwise a store). But it mattered little anyhow, because it was 7:25 pm and they told me they'd closed half an hour before! So that was out before it started.

So I went to an Acapulco Grill, which is a local Mexican food chain. It had the look of an ultracheapo pizza joint except it was Mexican food. The food was acceptable but nothing to write home about.

I don't think I'd go back to either of those chains.
Old Apr 29, 2004, 7:53 am

Programs: UA 2P, AA LT Gold, Marriott LT Titanium
There is one restaurant listed for LAS in my "Great iDine restaurants thread"

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showt...=311094&page=1
Old Apr 30, 2004, 2:15 am

Programs: AA 'kettle', Marriott Gold, ICH Gld, Hertz 5*

Thanks
If you like Italian, Mama Jo's on Durango. IIRC it's unlimited visits. We had to stop ourselves from going there every night. Would've eaten a RT.

Bring your doggy bag

Pat
Old Apr 30, 2004, 12:12 pm
Original Poster

Where is Durango?

We are going to be at the MGM do we need to take a cab to get there?

Thanks for the recommendation -need those miles!!!!
Old Apr 30, 2004, 3:00 pm
Original Member

I don't know where Durango is, but once you find out, LV has a pretty good public transit system. It's even safe, since they have GPS and audio connection to their central office on every bus. http://www.transit-rider.com/nv/cat.cfm
Old May 1, 2004, 10:37 am

Programs: AA 'kettle', Marriott Gold, ICH Gld, Hertz 5*
Mama Jo's info and directions

Thanks for the recommendation -need those miles!!!!
UA iDine link. Be aware, on UA anyway, that they've changed their award to one visit per and 5 miles per. Guess they got too popular

Below is a link to directions from the MGM grand. The long URL messed up the UBB but does work.

http://www.mapquest.com/directions/m...tions from MGM

IIRC, it was about 15-20 minutes in moderate traffic from Mandalay Bay, which is in the general vicinity of MGM.

Pat
Old May 1, 2004, 5:46 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Just be careful you don't get caught "out to lunch". Listings and temrs and conditions change the beginning of the month - today. I see several places I was considering have changed, one has gone... You can also donwload to your PDA. But it's better at the beginnig of any month...

I just printed out the Las Vegas Idine for Continetal and was wondering if anyone has any recommendations? Thanks
Old May 2, 2004, 5:50 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA- Lifetime Platinum; Marriott - Lifetime Platinum: Starwood - Gold; IHG - Platinum
Maybe the buses are safe on board, but this is the only place in the world I have ever encountered a pick pocket: on the Strip while waiting for a bus. Luckily, I averted the theft! I know this post is off topic, but be careful!

Originally Posted by pgary
I don't know where Durango is, but once you find out, LV has a pretty good public transit system. It's even safe, since they have GPS and audio connection to their central office on every bus. http://www.transit-rider.com/nv/cat.cfm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.