Wiki Posts
Search

Only an iDiner would get this!

Search this Thread

Old Apr 11, 2004, 9:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Only an iDiner would get this!

A friend and I decided to try the Purple Dot Cafe in Seattle - although we forewent the borscht on offer at said Chinese-American joint (their menu is linked to the iDine listing and makes rather entertaining, if not startling, reading). The food was OK, but nothing special.
As regular readers know, I'm scrupulous about saving receipts to ensure proper mileage credit. I checked the MileagePlan iDine page for my 270 Alaska miles a few days later; a horrific result was to be had.

Although I had rounded the net bill up to $27, the restauranteur had (whimsically) decided to put the tab through @ $26.99!

Common sense prevailed before I actually returned to ask for my 9 cents back
Old Apr 12, 2004, 4:37 am

Programs: UA 2P, AA LT Gold, Marriott LT Titanium
Hey Points Scrounger, how about some good iDine restaurants in SEA? I ask for two reasons:

1) to add some SEA listings to the "Great Restaurants Thread" (yes I know you contributed a place in TUL)

and

2) my family and I are coming to SEA in a month (21 to 28 May). Staying a couple of nights on Orcas island then moving to Renaissance Seattle. Some dining recs would be most welcome, iDine or not!
Old Apr 20, 2004, 7:18 am

Try the Green Papaya on Pine Street. However, they only offered 5 miles/dollar the last time I was in Seattle.

Its an eclectic Vietnamese restaurant, and the food was spectacular - even a vegetarian like me had enough choice.

In general, Seattle has a great range of Asian food places because of the large community - can't go wrong there.

-seenu
Old Apr 20, 2004, 11:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Green Papaya is long gone from iDine. The one time I dined there for lunch it was a pleasant experience. I was considering returning for happy hour and snacks (a better deal at 5 miles joints, IMHO), but the place is located in an area where I rarely venture at that hour. For Vietnamese near downtown try Bambuza (restaurant.com certs available). My top-ranked iDine joint here is probably Paisley's.

As per the above request, I did put together a brief (1 - 2 sentence each) synopsis of my SEA iDine experience over the past year. However, it makes a rather lengthy post. Available as an email attachment upon request.
Old Apr 22, 2004, 6:43 pm

Programs: UA 2P, AA LT Gold, Marriott LT Titanium
Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
As per the above request, I did put together a brief (1 - 2 sentence each) synopsis of my SEA iDine experience over the past year. However, it makes a rather lengthy post. Available as an email attachment upon request.
YGM (or rather PM)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.