Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Other Loyalty Programs/Partners > Rewards Network (formerly iDine)
Reload this Page >

Master Thread: Most Attractive Bonus/promos?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 8, 2004, 6:02 pm
Original Poster

The airlines associated with Idine Rewards Network seem to come up with some more attractive promos or bonus programs. It should benefit all of us to post the better ones periodically.
Most attractive in April currently seems to me:
A: for lower price per ticket:NW for 500 extra bonus points for 3 dining experiences of any price per month. This seems to be better than Delta's which requires over $25/ticket and only Monday through Thursday.

B: for higher price per ticket: American West offering double miles up to 20ff/$. i believe to 6/30/4.

C: specialty: if you you got to one of the few places which gives 20 ff/$, United actually gives a 25% bonus to bring the total to 25ff/$. I believe through 5/31/4.

When you see any which is more attractive than above please post it.
Old Apr 9, 2004, 8:31 am

Programs: UA 2P, AA LT Gold, Marriott LT Titanium
Do you have links for any of these promos? Especially NW, I could not find it at WP DIning for miles.
Old Apr 9, 2004, 10:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Please clarify ...

Originally Posted by best
This seems to be better than Delta's which requires over $25/ticket and only Monday through Thursday.
I saw no weekend blackout in the terms of Delta's promo?
Old Apr 10, 2004, 2:49 pm
Original Poster

The most useful lead on these seems to be Gary Steiger's: frequentflyermiles.com

Delta was on: skymiles.idine.com/site/bonus.jhtml

Please excuse that I am not able to have the actual site links to the above.
Old Apr 11, 2004, 7:09 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA- Lifetime Platinum; Marriott - Lifetime Platinum: Starwood - Gold; IHG - Platinum
Points Scrounger Hi there! I finally made it back over here to our new little board. I agree with you: I saw no reference that the DL bonus requires dining Mon-Thurs.

Last edited by paradocs; Apr 11, 2004 at 7:24 pm
Old Apr 12, 2004, 6:04 pm

Programs: AA Plat, BA, DL, Frontier, NWA, SWA, UA, HHonors Gold, Priority Club Plat, Choice Priv, BW, Diners
AA has one which works for lower ones (500 bonus points for 3 dines each month, endlessly ongoing) that applies to Elite (ie, Gold or higher) AAdvantage members only. (That's separate from various come-and-go bonuses they have that apply to all AAdvantage members.)

UA's 25% bonus is for the whole year if you "qualify" with enough dines in the previous year (or earlier in that year). I made the qualification in the last quarter of 2003 (when they introduced it). Since then, I've had only one dine so far for which the 25% bonus didn't post, but since it was a cheap one I'm not worried about it. (OTOH, it was not THE cheapest, and all the others did post the 25% bonus.) In this case, it's iDine itself that adds the 25% bonus (before forwarding the miles on to UA MP).

NW's bonus of either 250 or 500 bonus miles for a certain number (typically 3) of dines in a certain period (sometimes a month, sometimes a couple months) seems to come and go and come and go. I find it hard to keep track of which months it's certainly going to work and which months there's no indication it will.

I've been a member of BA's EC Dining for about a year now and I've yet to hear of a SINGLE dining bonus of any kind from them.
Old Apr 12, 2004, 10:23 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA- Lifetime Platinum; Marriott - Lifetime Platinum: Starwood - Gold; IHG - Platinum
I am new to being Plat with AA. Does the 500 miles per month bonus require any sort of registration or is it automatic? Thanks!
Old Apr 13, 2004, 10:46 am
Suspended

Programs: HH Diamond, SPG Gold, PC Platinum Ambassador, Marriott Silver
Just a suggestion - - I believe that it would be more helpful if each promo was discussed in its own thread.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.