Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2023 Rollcall

Search this Thread

Old Dec 30, 2023, 10:02 am
Original Poster

Location: SoCal; DO-RAGS: Old Gold tagged, PIP, LatPass 1/2, AA 4MM, HH LT Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, Omni
2023 Rollcall

In a year of increased failures to post and where small missing dines were left unclaimed because SOP required two emails and sometimes a follow-up phone call:

46,937 AA miles

Realizing that I earned more AA miles from RN than flying or credit cards*, it makes me feel a bit icky. Kind of like a street vendor who sells trinkets to tourists whom he doesn’t much like but are a mainstay of his livelihood.

*Redeemed 1/3 million AA miles, so this year was more about burning than earning.
Old Dec 30, 2023, 10:10 am

Interesting... is it organic or do you purposely seek out restaurants that participate? I haven't had any miles posted in any account in quite some time. I spend a lot on dining but apparently the places I frequent do not participate.
Old Dec 30, 2023, 11:36 am
Original Poster

Location: SoCal; DO-RAGS: Old Gold tagged, PIP, LatPass 1/2, AA 4MM, HH LT Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, Omni
Not organic, it's seldom that a haphazard dine posts, although I have surreptitiously enrolled my wife's and some of my employee's credit cards. But randos are a rare windfall.

I won't eat bad food for the sake of miles and I return to local and usual travel destination places I like. I mostly trust RN reviews knowing that people really ate there, but when venturing into the unknown I'll look at Yelp to make sure that I'm not stepping into a mine field. In well over a hundred 2023 dines I can think of only one I wish I avoided: it's not the restaurants I've fallen out with but the RN back office and customer service. That the bonuses are paltry reminds me of a Woody Allen quote, "the food here is terrible, and the portions are too small." But again, no qualms with RN food offerings, particularly with the ChowNow added partnership.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.