Wiki Posts
Search

Buca di Beppo leaves Rewards Network

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17, 2020, 9:03 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta SkyMiles, WF GoFar Rewards, AAdvantage, United MileagePlus
Buca di Beppo leaves Rewards Network

It looks like as of this month Buca di Beppo has left Rewards Network. It is quite unfortunate since that is my favorite restaurant (I love their chicken parmesan). It seems like there aren't many major chains left on Rewards Network (mostly local chains and family restaurants). I wonder if Rakuten Dining (which is powered by Rewards Network) is a reason for them leaving.
Old Jan 27, 2020, 5:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
Originally Posted by Delta 764
It looks like as of this month Buca di Beppo has left Rewards Network. It is quite unfortunate since that is my favorite restaurant (I love their chicken parmesan). It seems like there aren't many major chains left on Rewards Network (mostly local chains and family restaurants). I wonder if Rakuten Dining (which is powered by Rewards Network) is a reason for them leaving.
You seem to assume that ALL Bucca di Beppo restaurants participate(d) in Rewards Network.

In my experience with chain restaurants on RN, only some locations participate, and they come and go independently, apparently at random.
hhdl likes this.
Old Jan 27, 2020, 7:18 pm

Programs: Flying Blue, Hilton Honors, Amtrak Guest Rewards
Given that the bigger chains/franchisors can and do invest in their own reward programs, their branding and central advertising tend to do a decent job of assuring traffic, and the franchise revenue share increases the effective 1% discount that Rewards Network charges on the credit card receivables, it's not surprising that chain outlets aren't that interested in RN.
Old Feb 1, 2020, 7:35 pm
Original Poster

Looks like our local locations just came back on. I wonder what caused the outage.

Note that our local Buca di Beppo locations exclude Fridays and Saturdays and has a $600 per month spending limit for earnings.

Last edited by Delta 764; Feb 1, 2020 at 7:50 pm
Old Feb 2, 2020, 7:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Delta 764
Looks like our local locations just came back on. I wonder what caused the outage.

Note that our local Buca di Beppo locations exclude Fridays and Saturdays and has a $600 per month spending limit for earnings.
Is this xFri/xSat or $600/month new, or has it always been that way?

If the terms changed to any degree, that could have caused the outage, because RN would have had to remove the listings with old terms and put in the listing with the new terms. (I know that when restaurants in my area occasionally changed between unlimited visits with a cap, versus once a month, in either direction, there was typically an outage before they returned with the new terms.)

Or it couldn't have been a contract that ended, and got renegotiated after initially ending.
Old Feb 4, 2020, 6:25 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sdsearch
Is this xFri/xSat or $600/month new, or has it always been that way?

If the terms changed to any degree, that could have caused the outage, because RN would have had to remove the listings with old terms and put in the listing with the new terms. (I know that when restaurants in my area occasionally changed between unlimited visits with a cap, versus once a month, in either direction, there was typically an outage before they returned with the new terms.)

Or it couldn't have been a contract that ended, and got renegotiated after initially ending.
The Friday/Saturday exclusion was there before as well.
Old Aug 5, 2020, 3:31 pm
Original Poster

I heard Earl Enterprises plans on launching their own rewards program for their "Best of Italy" family of restaurants (Buca di Beppo, Bertucci's, Bravo, and Brio). I wonder if this could signal the end for Buca di Beppo's participation in Rewards Network. I hope they stay.

Note that Buca di Beppo does not franchise its restaurants; all Buca di Beppo locations are company owned and operated.
Old Oct 7, 2020, 11:20 am
Original Poster

Looks like Buca di Beppo dropped out again. It might be for good this time, since Earl Enterprises plans to launch their own rewards program for their Best of Italy family of Italian restaurants (Buca di Beppo, Bertucci's, Bravo, and Brio).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.