Search

Multiple airlines - one card?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 3, 2010, 8:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP
Multiple airlines - one card?

I can't imagine this hasn't been asked already -
Can I register the same card with different airlines?
(So that restaurant dining posts miles on several airlines).
Old Aug 3, 2010, 9:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Nope - you can transfer the same card among RN partner accounts on a "rotating" basis (as it were); however, you can only get one set of miles/points for each transaction. The actual credit depends on where you have the card linked on the date the activity posts at RN (a few days after the dine).
Old Aug 4, 2010, 7:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The only way you can earn miles on two airlines (and a limit of two) at the same time with a single card is by using a card which already earns miles on airline A anywhere you use that card, but register it with a dining program for airline B. You'll then earn 3, 5, 10, whatever miles per $ from the dining program into airline B, but earn (typically) 1 mile per $ from the card itself into airline A.

Note: Some airline cards may automatically enroll you in the dining program for that same airline, at the time the card is first issued. (For one, Northwest did this, but of course Northwest as such no longer exists. I'm not sure if any current airline does this or not.) But I believe you can change which program you use any airline card in later...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.