Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Missing license plate on rental car

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4, 2024, 10:02 pm
Original Poster

Missing license plate on rental car

I'm currently renting a car from Hertz in LA, and I noticed arriving back at my hotel that the rear license plate has fallen off somewhere on today's road trip to the Hoover Dam (it was on there yesterday).

The car is registered in Florida which has no requirement for a front plate, so I'm now stuck with a car in California with no plates whatsoever!

I need to move between hotels tomorrow but I'm currently scratching my head as to the next steps I should take given it's not an emergency (and I didn't pay for the additional roadside assistance). I've tried contacting Hertz but they're going through to voicemail (currently 9PM local time).

Any suggestions for what I should do tomorrow? I'll keep trying to contact Hertz but the other options would be to try finding the nearest DMV or taking the car back at risk of driving without any plates...
Old Apr 6, 2024, 7:09 pm
Original Poster

Responding to my own post, but I managed to get through to Hertz eventually and they arranged a replacement vehicle. It required going back to LAX which wasn't ideal but it did provide peace of mind.
sdsearch, Auto Enthusiast and m907 like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.