Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Rental Car Discussion
Reload this Page >

Enterprise...you would think... [long return wait time @ Vegas Westin]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26, 2023, 7:53 pm
Original Poster

I rarely rent from Enterprise. Couple times a year I still wake up in a cold sweat, seeing images from years ago, when Enterprise employees all wore white shirts, walked around with clipboards, and took "forever" to check out and check in rental cars. But, then, I'm dating myself, so moving on...

On Saturday I needed a quick 1 day rental in Vegas around the Westin Hotel, where Enterprise has a location onsite (next to the Westin Hotel check-in desk, down a hallway). There were no white shirts or clipboards, and it was not a seamless experience to pick up the car (they were sooo slow), but tolerable. I returned the car this morning in their designated spaces, walked in to get my receipt, etc. There was a long line, going outside the office down a hallway, and it did not move. As folks walked out, they were muttering about no cars available despite a reservation, no ETA when a car would be available. All I wanted to do is drop off my keys, get a receipt and continue with my life. I was told if I wanted an actual receipt (not the promise of an emailed receipt), I'd have to wait in line. It was at least 30m and probably closer to 45m when I finally got my turn...I remarked, "with you having no cars at all, why on earth would you make me stand in your line when my rented car could be used by one of your clearly frustrated customers?"

All I got was a shrug.
Old Mar 27, 2023, 6:31 pm

The risk with returning customers forced to wait in line is that your contract will be marked late by the time you finally get to the desk.
Old Mar 27, 2023, 6:42 pm
Company Representative - AutoSlash and HotelSlash

Originally Posted by Auto Enthusiast
The risk with returning customers forced to wait in line is that your contract will be marked late by the time you finally get to the desk.
True, but the counter agents can easily adjust that. That said, I'm sure some folks don't pay attention though, and end up paying more than they should because they don't ask.
Old Apr 12, 2023, 8:57 am

Programs: AA Gold, Amex Plat
I always get a printed receipt nowadays, especially from National/Alamo/Enterprise, as I don't want to be dinged for a refueling charge again. Happened to me in 2022 even though I filled the vehicle to full less than a mile from the airport (SEA). It's worth the extra couple of minutes but I don't know if I would have been as patient as OP if this had happened to me at the Las Vegas Westin.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.