Wiki Posts
Search

Payment debit cards

Search this Thread

Old Nov 8, 2022, 3:22 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA,WN,AA,DL, B6
Payment debit cards

Some companies won’t take a debit card unless you show proof of a return airline flight. What is a issue with a debit card both debit and credit cards have credit limits.
Old Nov 8, 2022, 3:42 pm
Company Representative - AutoSlash and HotelSlash

Originally Posted by buckeyefanflyer
Some companies won’t take a debit card unless you show proof of a return airline flight. What is a issue with a debit card both debit and credit cards have credit limits.
It’s because local renters who don’t have a credit card are higher risk. It’s not that folks who only have a debit card are bad people or not responsible, it’s just that statistically speaking, the rental companies have a higher incidence of problems with local debit card holders vs folks flying in with a debit card or credit card holders.
Auto Enthusiast likes this.
Old Dec 4, 2022, 2:13 am

Programs: National Exec Elite, Hertz Pres Circle
I just rented locally and on my way out the gate agent told me because I’m local, there’s an additional hold on my credit card. Think it was like $350. I told him that’s fine. I know some folks prefer debit only but I can also see why rental car companies see that as a higher risk when you’re not actually going to be on a flight out.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.