Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Rental Car Discussion
Reload this Page >

Budget SEATAC I shouldn’t have read the reviews

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21, 2022, 11:57 am
Original Poster

So what do I do if I get a car and it’s filthy inside and/or has bald tires? Or needs an oil change, or the maintenance needed code is on etc… renting on Tuesday. The reviews are abysmal.
Old Aug 21, 2022, 3:28 pm
Company Representative - AutoSlash and HotelSlash

Ask for another car?
Old Aug 21, 2022, 3:58 pm

With the shortages that might not be possible.
whitewave likes this.
Old Aug 22, 2022, 6:40 am

With Budget, you'll be renting at one of the big 3 - between Budget and Avis, they will most likely have some other options for you. If you don't feel safe driving the vehicle, ask for another one.
Old Aug 22, 2022, 8:16 am
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars

Originally Posted by whitewave
So what do I do if I get a car and it’s filthy inside and/or has bald tires?
Bald tires are a safety issue - Definitely request something safer. If it's filthy, also ask them to clean it or swap it out for you.

Or needs an oil change, or the maintenance needed code is on etc… renting on Tuesday.
Disregard any display for a routine maintenance (oil/etc) as rental fleets handle these on their own schedule, not what the car shows. However, if it's showing that it needs coolant/oil/brakes/etc, then it's a safety issue and they need to swap it for you.

The reviews are abysmal.
I wouldn't fully trust online reviews. They can be a sign, but how many people go to leave comments when they have good service? Most only go to comment when the service/product is not what was expected.
​​​​​​​
whitewave and Auto Enthusiast like this.
Old Aug 22, 2022, 8:37 am
Original Poster

Thanks Auto Enthusiast AutoSlash AutoRentals and IAHtraveler the pics were shocking of the bald tires. Ok it’s good to know budget is one of the big three. My sister recently rented cars twice and said the same thing happened to them— got nervous when they checked the reviews the night before but the cars were good. I’ll just keep my fingers crossed.
Auto Enthusiast likes this.
Old Aug 23, 2022, 9:14 am
Original Poster

Hi again, does anyone know if I want to add my son as an authorized driver, does he have to be there with me at rental time? Or can I bring his license? I tried to call but hold time is “greater than 20 mins”
thank you
Old Aug 23, 2022, 9:59 am
Company Representative - AutoSlash and HotelSlash

Hi again, does anyone know if I want to add my son as an authorized driver, does he have to be there with me at rental time? Or can I bring his license? I tried to call but hold time is “greater than 20 mins”
thank you
He will have to be present. They cannot add him unless he is there, even if you have his driver's license. That said, he can always be added later at any Budget counter (it doesn't have to be at the airport). There are four other locations in Seattle besides the airport.
whitewave and Auto Enthusiast like this.
Old Aug 23, 2022, 11:37 am
Original Poster

AutoSlash thank you
Old Aug 23, 2022, 8:47 pm
Original Poster

Sigh, headed to Olympia tonight and the back rear passenger tire has been 21 and 25 psi and its supposed to be 35. I filled it up once. Going to get a can of fix a flat I guess. So frustrating.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.