Wiki Posts
Search

Dollar issue

Search this Thread

Old Dec 7, 2020, 9:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA,WN,AA,DL, B6
Dollar issue

I rented a car at the Miami airport and drove to Key West. The car was not handling good on the freeway bad vibration on left side I think it needs a alignment. I made it to Key West car better on US 1 route at slower speed. Next day went to Key West airport to see about getting another car. Was told none available. I asked if I dropped off the car and make other arrangements if this would be OK. Yes this changes the rental contract as this car was to be returned to Miami airport. Agent told me I’d I dropped off the car I would be charged $250.
That is not right based on circumstances. Kept the car and drove it back to Miami airport took US 1 all the way did not get on freeway..
Old Dec 7, 2020, 10:06 am

off-topic: are there currently zero CHECK-POINTS? Anecdotally, I heard people were asked to prove they had reason to enter Keys?
Auto Enthusiast likes this.
Old Dec 7, 2020, 11:25 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA,WN,AA,DL, B6
Originally Posted by SinglePapa2
off-topic: are there currently zero CHECK-POINTS? Anecdotally, I heard people were asked to prove they had reason to enter Keys?

no longer doing that. Was closed to non residents for some months.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.