Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Rental Car Discussion
Reload this Page >

NYS Releases New Covid-19 Guidance For Car Rentals

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 15, 2020, 12:35 am
Original Poster

This is going to be interesting! Am sure other states will soon roll out their own, if they haven't already.

https://hudsonvalleypost.com/new-cov...s-in-new-york/
Old Jun 15, 2020, 1:29 pm

I can't wait,my wife and I are planning a trip and renting a car from enterprise in Sept and we are in NYS. I am going to presume picking your car is going to be a thing of the past as they are going to seal the doors to show they been cleaned.
Old Jun 15, 2020, 3:22 pm

You can still pick a car with the doors sealed. You can judge by only things you see from outside, such as make, model, color, pre-existing damage, leather seats, and state plate. You won't be able to see the mileage.
Old Jun 15, 2020, 5:11 pm

Welcome to the new normal!!
Old Jun 15, 2020, 9:48 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Auto Enthusiast
You can still pick a car with the doors sealed. You can judge by only things you see from outside, such as make, model, color, pre-existing damage, leather seats, and state plate. You won't be able to see the mileage.
Yeahbut I like to slide in and see how seats feel. *LOL* Need to know if will be comfortable, how well things are laid out they way I like it.
Old Jun 15, 2020, 9:55 pm

Originally Posted by BugsyPal
Yeahbut I like to slide in and see how seats feel. *LOL* Need to know if will be comfortable, how well things are laid out they way I like it.

Exactly, if you are renting for a week or longer you don't want to hate the car or be uncomfortable..
Old Jun 16, 2020, 1:44 am

Some of these make sense. Many are completely arbitrary.
Old Jun 17, 2020, 6:37 am

When you are 6'7" and never driven a model before, kinda like testing out the driver's seat.
Good thing all my travel has been cancelled thru August.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.