Wiki Posts
Search

Dollar Germany - Bait-and-Switch?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2020, 7:46 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United Mileage Plus, Hilton Honors
Dollar Germany - Bait-and-Switch?

I had a Euro177 car reservation with Dollar, for pick up in Berlin, Germany. On arrival, the agent would not honor the price and instead required a 300% increase to Euro545. The substantive reasons for the increase did not hold water. Furthermore, the agent indicated that a peak demand season (specifically, for Christmas) was just days away and if I did not accept the increase, someone else would enjoy the car.

(1) Any suggestions for obtaining Dollar corporate's attention to this practice?
(2) I ended up securing a last minute rental from next door from Sixt for only a 200% increase compared to my original reservation with Dollar. Any suggestions for what compensation I should reasonably set my sights for?
(3) Also, is anyone familiar with any law enforcement body in Germany that would look into this matter; a quick google search indicates that the corporate entity that owns/is licensed the Dollar franchise in Germany has often engaged in this practice. There may be illegal economic activity driving this behavior, and I may not be the only victim.

Best, and thanks.
Old Feb 24, 2020, 3:50 pm

Programs: Accor Platinum, Eurobonus Gold, Flying Blue Gold
I think you need to provide a bit more details (on e.g. these "substantive reasons") for anyone to be able to help you.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.