Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LAX - Enterprise vs Sixt - Luxury

Search this Thread

Old Dec 3, 2019, 8:43 am
Original Poster

LAX - Enterprise vs Sixt - Luxury

For Xmas week (coming Saturday afternoon), I can get a "Full size Elite" "Q50 or similar" at Enterprise or an XCAR ("Mercedes-Benz E-Class, Volvo S90, Cadillac XTS") at Sixt. Any ideas on what I'm likely to actually get at Enterprise? At Sixt? Any reason other than car choice to pick one over the other - price is roughly the same? Thanks
Old Dec 3, 2019, 9:29 am

Credit Enterprise to National to get free days, to be used for expensive one-ways. Sixt doesn't have anything comparable, I believe.
Old Dec 3, 2019, 5:35 pm

Programs: DL PM 0.5MM, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, SPG Plat, Marriott Gold, Avis PC, National EE, Hertz PC
Sixt has a better fleet for XCAR when compared to full size elite. I've seen plenty of S90, E-classes, and XTS. I believe the 5 series got phased out.
Full size elite will probably land you in a Q50 - there are plenty of those.

I'd go with Sixt - The app allows you to "pick/reserve" your specific vehicle when you are 30 mins the reservation pick up window. If you don't see what you like, then ask the counter agent or jump to Enterprise.
Old Dec 4, 2019, 8:38 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by kxc262
Sixt has a better fleet for XCAR when compared to full size elite. I've seen plenty of S90, E-classes, and XTS. I believe the 5 series got phased out.
Full size elite will probably land you in a Q50 - there are plenty of those.

I'd go with Sixt - The app allows you to "pick/reserve" your specific vehicle when you are 30 mins the reservation pick up window. If you don't see what you like, then ask the counter agent or jump to Enterprise.
Good strategy - thanks
Old Dec 4, 2019, 11:06 am

You could also look in to Silvercar, which is Audi only.
Old May 27, 2021, 11:21 pm

Programs: OnePass, United
Sixt at LAX had some nice cars. I reserved a BMW X1 and that's what I got. I was offered an upgrade to an X3 for a low price. Also had Audi Q8 on offer.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.