Wiki Posts
Search

Situation with additional drivers

Search this Thread

Old Oct 9, 2019, 9:52 am
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
Situation with additional drivers

Here's the scenario, I want to know if anyone knows if this is OK.

I'm renting the car, it will be my name and my insurance, but my daughter and son-in-law will be two (free) additional drivers (DHCR). This will be in Hawaii.

We have the car rented for a full week, but after 5 days my daughter and son-in-law will be moving to a different hotel on a different part of the island for a change of scenery (plus it will be nice if we all have some alone time).

I told them they could just keep the car for the whole time, we didn't need it for the last two days, and they will return it when they fly home (different time than us).

Is this ok? As the primary driver, is there any reason why I have to BE WITH THEM the whole time? Is it ok that they return the car without me (I've never had anyone at the return ask anything except "how was the car, was everything ok", but just want to make sure).
Old Oct 9, 2019, 10:00 am
Company Representative - AutoSlash and HotelSlash

Yes, this is fine. As long as they as listed as additional drivers on the rental contract they can drive at any time with or without you. Have a great trip!
m907 likes this.
Old Oct 9, 2019, 11:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
Thank you!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.