Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Florida Drive In 2019

Search this Thread

Old Aug 24, 2019, 3:14 pm
Original Poster

Florida Drive In 2019

Anyone see other rental companies offering specials yet this year? I saw on Autoslash that Avis and Budget Offer One-Way Car Rentals to Florida from $22.99 Per Day. Hopefully, Hertz or Dollar jump in again this year with better prices than that.

Thanks for any info!
Old Aug 24, 2019, 4:21 pm

Hertz and Dollar/Thrifty quietly offer the same thing, for $25/day. Eventually when hardly anyone takes it, the advertising will become bolder, Enterprise/Alamo/National will join in, and prices will slowly drop.
surferboy02 and beirut like this.
Old Sep 4, 2019, 10:36 pm
Original Poster

Hertz has joined in And at $14.99 a day.

https://www.hertz.com/rentacar/renta...in-deal-122019
Old Sep 4, 2019, 10:41 pm

So has the Enterprise/Alamo/National family, quietly. Something new this year: pick up at neighborhood stores in the Northeast and return to neighborhood stores in FL and the Piedmont South. For the FL driveout, neighborhood store pickup and return have long been allowed. However, the FL drivein had previously been airport to airport only. This of course ignored the facts of where most people live, and presumably made it harder to compete with Hertz and Avis/Budget, which for about 9 years now, have offered both promotions to and from neighborhood stores.
SinglePapa2 and surferboy02 like this.
Old Sep 5, 2019, 12:50 pm

Originally Posted by Auto Enthusiast
So has the Enterprise/Alamo/National family, quietly. Something new this year: pick up at neighborhood stores in the Northeast and return to neighborhood stores in FL and the Piedmont South. For the FL driveout, neighborhood store pickup and return have long been allowed. However, the FL drivein had previously been airport to airport only. This of course ignored the facts of where most people live, and presumably made it harder to compete with Hertz and Avis/Budget, which for about 9 years now, have offered both promotions to and from neighborhood stores.
What dates are you seeing Enterprise/Alamo/National?
Old Sep 5, 2019, 2:35 pm

It's available now. I see $14/day with Hertz, and in some places $18/day with Enterprise, $11/day with National, and of course less with various discounts.
surferboy02 likes this.
Old Sep 6, 2019, 12:27 pm

It's available now. I see $14/day with Hertz, and in some places $18/day with Enterprise, $11/day with National, and of course less with various discounts.
not seeing National
Old Sep 6, 2019, 1:38 pm

Not every day. Not every pick up or return location combination.
Old Sep 15, 2019, 4:48 pm
Original Poster

Not seeing National after many combination searches. Booked with Hertz for now. $12 a day via Auto Slash for 10 day trip in mid-November from NYC to FL

If anyone knows of any of the National locations participating let us know if you can. Thank you!
Old Sep 15, 2019, 4:52 pm

National is not yet offering it for Oct, only short-range bookings a few days ahead of time in Sept. Same for Alamo and Enterprise. I suspect this will change eventually, but I wouldn't plan on it.

It was the same thing that happened with the FL driveout last year. Enterprise and Alamo were consistently offering the promotion. National usually did not, but when it did, it only jumped in for a handful of days, and mostly at the last minute.

My recommendation would be if those are the dates you must use, book with somebody else on Autoslash for now, to make sure you get a special rate. The promotion can be withdrawn at any time without warning. Then, Autoslash will email you if prices drop with anybody. I suspect they will. And you can keep checking with National to see if they decide to slowly open availability for the special.
surferboy02 likes this.
Old Sep 15, 2019, 4:55 pm
Original Poster

Great advice Auto Enthusiast. Thank you!
Auto Enthusiast likes this.
Old Oct 5, 2019, 12:20 pm

bumping up the topic; this year's drive-in appears non-existent compared to history. I'm baffled
Old Oct 5, 2019, 5:31 pm

I saw some for Avis/Budget until Dec. But it seems this year's promo started and ended earlier with most other companies.
Old Oct 6, 2019, 3:56 pm

I saw some for Avis/Budget until Dec. But it seems this year's promo started and ended earlier with most other companies.
"until Dec"; I see absolutely nothing for Thanksgiving?
Old Oct 6, 2019, 6:54 pm

Holidays tend to be blacked out.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.