Wiki Posts
Search

How to keep Enterprise points alive?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 26, 2019, 7:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Diamond
How to keep Enterprise points alive?

I have about 3500 points, worth about 2 days in rental credits, at Enterprise that expire on 8/26 i.e. in a month from now.

How do I keep them alive beyond that date? Do they have any partners like Dining Rewards where I can make a purchase somewhere and earn Enterprise points to maintain activity in the account? I have no plans to rent a car in the next few months, so getting a rental from Enterprise is not on the cards. Thanks in advance for any suggestion!
Old Jul 28, 2019, 6:16 am
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars

Looks like 1 rental every 3 years is the only way to keep them active.

https://www.enterprise.com/en/loyalty.html
Old Jul 29, 2019, 6:56 am

Just find a day on which rates are cheap and rent a car for a day.
Old Jul 29, 2019, 9:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by IAHtraveler
Looks like 1 rental every 3 years is the only way to keep them active.

https://www.enterprise.com/en/loyalty.html
Yes that is what I found out as well after some research. I'll likely go with what the poster below suggested.

Originally Posted by m907
Just find a day on which rates are cheap and rent a car for a day.
I think this could work; it was at the back of my mind, but I just thought there might be an easier way that involved not spending much. The lowest I'm seeing in my neck of the woods in northern CA is $50 all in for a 1 hour rental. Might be worthwhile to head down to the rental office and talk this through with a manager for a better rate. Spending $25 now could be worth a 2 day rental in the future.
Old Jul 30, 2019, 2:25 am

Originally Posted by santhosh.kharvi
Yes that is what I found out as well after some research. I'll likely go with what the poster below suggested.

I think this could work; it was at the back of my mind, but I just thought there might be an easier way that involved not spending much. The lowest I'm seeing in my neck of the woods in northern CA is $50 all in for a 1 hour rental. Might be worthwhile to head down to the rental office and talk this through with a manager for a better rate. Spending $25 now could be worth a 2 day rental in the future.
Run quotes for different days and see what's the cheapest you can find. And one hour will be charged the same as 24 hours so there's no need to rent for an hour.
Old Apr 6, 2023, 10:05 pm

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
Do Enterprise points expire now? I have a bunch of points there and I needed to keep them alive (without renting because I'm unable to). Suggestions, advice to do this?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.