Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Avis | Preferred and Budget | Fastbreak
Reload this Page >

How is this possible? Avis no cars whatsoever at Logan for two days in August?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 18, 2019, 9:36 am
Original Poster

Nevermind, I think Avis's reservation system must be down.

Last edited by evergreen17; Jul 18, 2019 at 9:46 am
Old Jul 19, 2019, 5:08 am

That's not unheard of. August is a busy travel month.
Old Jul 19, 2019, 5:12 am
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars

Also try to extend your rental. PHL is notorious for showing sold out on rentals <2-3 days. In this case, I just book the minimum it allows, then take the car back early, when I'm done with it. Using our corp code, it doesn't matter how many days, as the daily rate is unchanged. However, on a public code, they can increase it if you return early. Be sure to look at the rate terms on one of the last steps in the booking process.
Old Jul 19, 2019, 7:02 am
Original Poster

Most of yesterday, there were no cars available on Avis's website at any other local locations, either. By the end of yesterday, there were tons (including the waterfront garage).

My dates aren't for another month, but it looks like I'll be reserving with Hertz or someone else. There are plenty of cars elsewhere. Avis, you lose.

(I honestly think there's a system malfunction as it appears the entire month of August, Avis has no cars, completely unavailable at Logan. Sept 1, magically, there are cars. I could probably call, but I'm allergic to phones.)

Last edited by evergreen17; Jul 19, 2019 at 7:08 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.