Wiki Posts
Search

Enterprise asked me where I worked

Search this Thread

Old Jun 23, 2019, 12:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Skymiles
Enterprise asked me where I worked

When I was picking up my rental vehicle Enterprise asked me where do you work and demanded to know an answer. Is this standard policy? They said this is asked of everyone. Seems highly invasive. Frankly it isn’t there business where I work, and what if I was unemployed, retired, etc. Woudl they refuse to rent me a car???
m907 and waterskifly like this.
Old Jun 23, 2019, 1:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by cfabar1
When I was picking up my rental vehicle Enterprise asked me where do you work and demanded to know an answer. Is this standard policy? They said this is asked of everyone. Seems highly invasive. Frankly it isn’t there business where I work, and what if I was unemployed, retired, etc. Woudl they refuse to rent me a car???
They're entrusting you with a $15,000+ asset, and they likely want to be able to find you if you abscond with the car. Do you have an Enterprise (or National) frequent-renter number? Using it might or might not affect the questions you'll be asked.

Of course, if you don't like any company's business practices, you are free to take your business to the competition.

I've been retired for a number of years, and have rented from Enterprise a number of times in retirement. I don't recall if I've ever been asked about my employment, but I've never been denied a rental because of being retired.
Old Jun 23, 2019, 1:11 pm

Programs: AA ExP, Marriott Amb, National EAE, Hilton Diamond, SPG Plat (RIP), US CP (RIP)
What rate code were you using on the rental? I’ve been asked the question when they are confirming rate eligibility.
Auto Enthusiast, randix and beirut like this.
Old Jun 23, 2019, 3:02 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
It's 100% voluntary whether you answer. If you don't, just be sure you have alternate transportation lined up.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.