Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Rental Car Discussion
Reload this Page >

What to ask Enterprise for as compensation for this?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What to ask Enterprise for as compensation for this?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 18, 2019, 1:20 am

Originally Posted by davie355
Comp may not be on your mind, but a pointed letter to the police chief ought to have been. That's disgraceful behavior from a sworn public servant.
"Chief XXX,

<<some platitudes about how the department does important work to keep the community safe>>

I regret to say I was displeased with the conduct of Officer XXX ... I hope you will address the conduct with Officer XXX directly as it was inconsistent with the behavior one expects from a courteous, respectful, and professional police department."
Even if no action is taken, it's good to have that complaint on record.
What part of that was disgraceful.
Old Feb 18, 2019, 1:21 am

Originally Posted by JumboJet
The OP seems to have a lot of faith in the cop's claim he should get compensation.
I repeat my claim that OP could sue for damages over this. The most basic contractual obligation of a rental car company is to give a customer a working, legally operable car. Enterprise didn't do that and breached the contract.
Old Feb 18, 2019, 1:33 am

Originally Posted by m907
What part of that was disgraceful.
demanding and sighing
Old Feb 18, 2019, 10:18 am

Originally Posted by davie355
demanding and sighing
What else is an officer supposed to do when he pulls you over? Make an optional request for your license but say "you don't have to, it's totally up to you"?

The sighing sounds like "Those stupid rental companies", not "Oh darn, I can't give him a ticket." He could have easily ticketed him and told him to sort it out with the rental company, but didn't.

​​​​​​​Police officers get a ton of garbage from people all the time, no need to make their jobs harder.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.